list privilege for start service windows server 2008

PiotrIrPiotrIr Member Posts: 236
Hi,

Could you help me to find answer for following question please?

I need to give rights to one of developers for service installation, starting and stopping. I would like to avoid giving him administrator privileges.

Is any way to achieve the goal?

Comments

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    PiotrIr wrote: »
    Hi,

Could you help me to find answer for following question please?

I need to give rights to one of developers for service installation, starting and stopping. I would like to avoid giving him administrator privileges.

Is any way to achieve the goal?
    Could you be more specific. What kind of services ?
    If it's just generally any and all services then this is a really good questionthat I would like to see the answer to myself.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • PiotrIrPiotrIr Member Posts: 236
    He developes integration software which works as a service. He needs to install and run it.
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I don't think you're going to be able to allow him to install it on his own without admin rights.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...