Options

Taking test tomorrow(5/1/10)

Rich_LRich_L Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
hello all, making my 3rd attempt at the 290. after back to back 612's just over a month ago im going with the 3rd times a charm theory. the first attempt i went in kinda of expecting to fail. i wanted to get a feel for it and knowing i had a 2nd chance free i figured what the heck. once i found my weak points i went over what i though was the necessary info and jumped in 2 weeks later. the 2nd attempt i got beat up with sims, i think it was 11 or 12 of them, and after only getting 5-7 of the same questions as the first test i was surprised to get the same exact score. bought a new book after finding this place and after 5 weeks of reading im making another attempt.:)

Comments

• Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck!!! The third time will be the charm for you... have you taken any practice tests?
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    Good luck!!! The third time will be the charm for you... have you taken any practice tests?

tried some practice tests but wasnt real comfortable with them.

on another note, passed finally. score wasnt great, 737, but its a pass. my first 2 attempts were using the official academic course book from microsoft. after 2 fails and finding this place i went out and bought the self paced training book from microsoft, 2nd edition. after getting it and jumping straight to the back of the book and the prepare for the exam section, i realized i had the right book this time. took 6 weeks of studying it in my free time and figured it was time again.

anyways time to review my ccna course material and network+ stuff as those will probably be next. then after i finish the ccna security class im in, if i can pass the ccna ill take the security test too.icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the new cert!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm using both of those books as well in my preparations. What would you say the hardest part of the test is?
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    humble2007 wrote: »
    I'm using both of those books as well in my preparations. What would you say the hardest part of the test is?

well seeing im not even in the IT field yet, the hardest part for me was just remembering what i had read when it came to test time. i didnt really setup a virtual server to practice on and did very little practice tests. i currently work full time in a totally unrelated profession, go to school 2 nights a week, married with 4 kids. so the hardest part for me is making time to have quality study time. im sure if i did some stuff related to whats asked in the test on a daily basis it would of been easier after reflecting on the 3 times i took it. right now im trying to cram for the 270 test in hopes to knock it out by months end all while trying to focus on the CCNA security class im taking.
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Just passed the 270 this weekend, it was not an easy test. My goal is to have the 290 out by months end lol.

Hardest part of that one is the vast subject matter. Some of which should be easy for you because it gets covered more in depth in the 290.
    Decide what to be and go be it.