Options

Home CCIE Lab

SirsamonSirsamon Member Posts: 221
Thought i would have a rest from reading, Labing.

Just some pics of my home Lab, sold what i could, replaced what i had to.

Hoping not much more to be added.

lab1fn.jpg

and

lab2k.jpg

from the top.

An old IBM 306
2 old PCs for client
3640 frame switch\whatever else
2511 RJ
3750 poe
3560 poe
3560 poe
3750 poe
2651XM = 5
2621xm = 1 (would like to swap-out for a 2800 at a cheap price or it stays icon_wink.gif
3640 = 3 (BB1,BB2,BB3)
3745 = 3 (spare if needed but man are they loud)

Plenty serial wics.

few FXS cards for play times
range of ip phones

ASA, Pix

waiting on a 877W ADSL2 from ebay, having to use my 1700 ADSL1 until it arrives.

Been running through a few labs seems ok, but for now reading is the tonic of the day.

Back to it CYA. icon_study.gif

Comments

• Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Is there a word the combines "Holy Crap" and "Beautiful"?
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I know this may sound weird but "nice rack"
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    ReibeReibe Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    chmorin wrote: »
    Is there a word the combines "Holy Crap" and "Beautiful"?
    I do agree.

Another phrase that comes to mind is "expensive". How much do you think that whole setup costs, ballpark it...

My guess is "way out of my budget".
  • Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Reibe wrote: »
    I do agree.

Another phrase that comes to mind is "expensive". How much do you think that whole setup costs, ballpark it...

My guess is "way out of my budget".

I can see how the cost would incur over time... but the cost of electricity to power that on a daily basis! That's more equipment than my network I maintain at work! icon_sad.gif:D

As a previous poster asked about combining "Holy Crap" and "Beautiful"... I would say the word is "OutFreakingNificent"!!! icon_thumright.gif
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    CCIEWANNABECCIEWANNABE Banned Posts: 465
    very impressive, have you taken the written yet? If so, when do you plan on taking the lab?
  • Options
    CChNCChN Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Big time!
    RFCs: the other, other, white meat.
  • Options
    _CCIE__CCIE_ Member Posts: 1 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice lab.

I used to have a huge lab, but after a while I realized that I didn't need that many to get what I wanted to accomplish, accomplished. I got rid of all my older routers and bought 4x 3560s with GNS3 to do my CCIE R&S.

Now I am doing the Voice and use newer routers with the required DSPs and AIMs to do just the tasks.
  • Options
    Apologizes for the late reply,

The cost of the lab over the years close to $20,000
    I sold the other rack contents and combined/upgraded mem/flash where i could.
    After that it was back to ebay ;)

I power on what i need depending on the lab, if i need the lot on, its no problem, my wife is always ahead with the bills :)

I do intend to go for the Written then the Lab.
    The hard part for me is i am not in the field so i end up doing enormous amounts of study/labbing compared to most of you guys.

Any ways no complaints i love it its all i do or think of for the last 5 years :)
  • Options
    StoticStotic Member Posts: 248
    Are you looking to get back into the field? (I'd hope)
  • Options
    If i could land a job then ii sure would,

But the problem i have is, been in the same company ten years.

If i move into the Cisco world i would have to drop a lot of $$$ to get a start.

so yeah would love to be in the field, but if not i will keep at it as it is more than just the job.

I love how it all works i want to know as much as possible, i will just keep learning until i wake up one day and say that's enough or it doesn't have that OMFG hows that do that factor :)

icon_study.gif