Options

my 70-642 is today

casperz4casperz4 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am going for my 642 today. I did so much reading and configuring of my server setup at home. I just can't take it anymore. My head is going to explode..I think I will ace this test.
Near Future Plans:
Linux+
A+
Server 2008
Blackberry
Windows 7

I think I'm gonna be busy.....

Comments

• Options
    mrmcmintmrmcmint Member Posts: 492 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck!! Let us know how you get on.
  • Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Knock it out of the park.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    casperz4 wrote: »
    I am going for my 642 today. I did so much reading and configuring of my server setup at home. I just can't take it anymore. My head is going to explode..I think I will ace this test.

Good Luck! Tell us how it goes!
  • Options
    casperz4casperz4 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sorry for the delay guys...I've been studying for the 646. I want to do this right away.

I got 875.. It was a pretty challenging exam
    Near Future Plans:
    Linux+
    A+
    Server 2008
    Blackberry
    Windows 7

I think I'm gonna be busy.....
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats! Good score and you got it honestly by doing the work.
    I'm taking this next month, hopefully I do as good.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on the pass.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    bv0rbv0r Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    May I ask, what study materials did you guys use?
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • Options
    bv0r wrote: »
    May I ask, what study materials did you guys use?
    I used the MS Press training kit, the sybex study guide Amazon.com: MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure Configuration Study Guide: Exam 70-642 (9780470261699): William Panek, Tylor Wentworth, James Chellis: Books , exam cram book and the measure up exams included with the MS Press book and the one that came with the Exam Cram bookand the exam cram practice tests.
    I also did a lot of labbing.
    The exam cram tests in the book are the same questions you get if you were to purchase Examforce practice tests.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    bv0rbv0r Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    So much material for 1 exam?

Which one is the most beneficial would you say?
  • Options
    The MS Press book. I only studied the major areas (like DNS) from the Sybex. Exam cram is a good thin book to use while reviewing and it contains practice exam questions.
  • Options
    That's the set you need to take you all the way. Don't forget to read some of the technet articles that the book references. The book is sparse in how it covers some areas and will just reference you to a technet article. I'd recommend lookig at Claymoore's sticky threads for some good technet articles, too.
    Good luck.
    Edit: I don't know if I'd bother looking at the 70-647 sticky though. Some noob is doing it and it's a work in progress.