Options

I'm Mike Meyers - and I like Techexams.net

deswedsdesweds Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi-

My name's Mike Meyers. I write a number of CompTIA training books for McGraw-Hill and I've been lurking techexams.net for years. It's a great place for an author to get a sense for how people feel about my work as well as a great place for industry info. It's good to hear when I'm doing something right but it's important to hear constructive criticism as well.

I guess after taking so much from this site I feel I kinda owe it to Johan/et al to give back a bit. Can't say I'll be on too often but I will visit when something big happens on the CompTIA front. I'll also gladly respond to anything anyone asks me.

The best place for breaking news from me is on twitter (username: desweds). I don't post too often but when I do it's usually important.

Mike

Comments

• Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • Options
    brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    Our very own celebrity :p

I used your books for A+ and Net+. I liked your books very much and still have them today, but thought about half the questions on the CompTIA exams were from left field and a terrible misrepresentation of of what I learned in my experience and study.

my .02
  • Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    it's my third favorite mike myers! (1 and 2 being michael myers from halloween and mike myers of waynes world/austin powers fame)

I watched the a+ video series years ago in college. I think if you weren't such a colorful and excited person I would have slept throuh that whole class, lol. Welcome mike!
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I used your books and an old computer to do A+. I also used your book and a router to do N+. They were very good titles.
  • Options
    stangmanstangman Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Welcome Aboard Mike,

Your one of my favorite authors. I have used your books quite a bit in my studies.
  • Options
    arwesarwes Member Posts: 633 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great to have you here Mike! Reading your Network + book was the one glimmer of hope I had while toiling away doing data entry as a temp. :D
    [size=-2]Started WGU - BS IT:NDM on 1/1/13, finished 12/31/14
    Working on: Waiting on the mailman to bring me a diploma
    What's left: Graduation![/size]
  • Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    desweds wrote: »
    My name's Mike Meyers.

Mike

Well if it is you fair play welcome and +1 for the fan base lmao....
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Welcome to TE Mike. Nice to have you aboard.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    manny355manny355 Member Posts: 134
    I guess that this wouldn't be a welcome since you've been lurking for awhile...but welcome anyway.

I have like so many others used your A+ and Net+ books to great satisfaction.
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Welcome!!
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    PickerPicker Member Posts: 46 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Welcome Mike. You did introduce me into IT indirectly through your Learnkey N+ training videos. I love the place last time it was Jeremy now Mike GREAT!!!!!
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Hi Mike,

It's an honor to have you posting on our boards, welcome at TE and enjoy your stay!

(Off to print, laminate, and frame your post icon_cool.gif)

Johan
  • Options
    phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    The A+ Passport was the first cert book I ever read :)
  • Options
    TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Glad that you finally de-cloaked Mike. Welcome!!!
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    What a pleasant surprise!

Welcome Mike :)

Loved your books for years, recommend them all the time and still buy them to review them for newer Comptia users. Glad to have you here! And thank you for stopping in and officially saying 'hi' :D
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    Mr. Meyers,

Good to have you here.

Hopefully McGraw-Hill will get you more involved in the Passport series. Some of those books were less than the quality I'd expect with your name on them.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Plantwiz wrote: »
    What a pleasant surprise!Loved your books for years, recommend them all the time and still buy them to review them for newer Comptia users.

"All the time" is an understatement; she should get some commission ;)

Welcome to the forums!
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Hey Mike, welcome to the forums ('un'-incognito). I've read more than one of your books, and I've beaten. . . 'talked' many of my friends into reading them as well.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Slowhand wrote: »
    Hey Mike, welcome to the forums ('un'-incognito). I've read more than one of your books, and I've beaten. . . 'talked' many of my friends into reading them as well.

Well...I've encourage my 'friends' to buy the books and driven them to the store so they could icon_twisted.gif just kidding angel.gif

I will keep my first edition A-I-O book and have given away the other copies while retaining the newest one. Just don't have the shelf space in the library for all the versions.

Thanks for the plug dynamik...it's good material, and real tough to beat it, especially the A+ stuff, always been real thorough and lead the way for over a decade.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    goforthbmerrygoforthbmerry Member Posts: 244
    (prostrate on my knees)"we're not worthy!! we're not worthy!!"
    Okay wrong Mike but the fact remains.

Your input will just make an already great site even better! welcome.
    Going for MCSE:security, Intermediate ITIL, PMP
  • Options
    MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
    Was kinda skeptical at first, but saw your Facebook page and realized it really was you.

Great to have you aboard Mike!
  • Options
    DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I purchased your new A+ book a week ago and starting it soon. I Heard it was great. :)
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Welcome to the forum!! I have used your A+, Net+, and Security+ books so far.
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Welcome to the forums Mike!
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
    Welcome to Texhexmas.net, pleasure to have you here.

Used a few books of your as well and have enjoyed and learned from all of them.
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    CompTIA Network+ March 7, 2008
    MCTS Vista 620 June 14, 2008
    MCP Server 290 Nov 15, 2008
    MCP Server 291 In Progress (Exam 12/28/09)
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    MCP Server 291 In Progress
    C|EH In Progress
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Welcome Mike!

Been using your materials for about 10 years now, and am still using them today.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    levarlevar Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Welcome Mike, I enjoy every bit of your work icon_thumright.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Welcome, and thanks for coming out of the shadows!

This will probably be the longest "welcome" thread ever.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    More importantly though did you bring the Fembots with you? :)

Welcome aboard!
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Welcome to TE!

That's pretty cool to have an author of some of the books recommended here at TE.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)