Options

I'm Mike Meyers - and I like Techexams.net

2»

Comments

• Options
    motogpmanmotogpman Member Posts: 412
    Welcome to TE Mike. I have used your books in the past, hopefully you keep writing. Your name pops up in many circles when it comes to Certifications and training material.

What are your plans for future writings?
    -WIP- (70-294 and 297)

Once MCSE 2k3 completed:

WGU: BS in IT, Design/Management

Finish MCITP:EA, CCNA, PMP by end of 2012

After that, take a much needed vacation!!!!!
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Welcome to the forums Mike!
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Awesome! another celeb in the house! now back to icon_study.gif
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    desweds wrote: »
    Hi-

My name's Mike Meyers. I write a number of CompTIA training books for McGraw-Hill and I've been lurking techexams.net for years. It's a great place for an author to get a sense for how people feel about my work as well as a great place for industry info. It's good to hear when I'm doing something right but it's important to hear constructive criticism as well.

I guess after taking so much from this site I feel I kinda owe it to Johan/et al to give back a bit. Can't say I'll be on too often but I will visit when something big happens on the CompTIA front. I'll also gladly respond to anything anyone asks me.

The best place for breaking news from me is on twitter (username: desweds). I don't post too often but when I do it's usually important.

Mike

Interesting, I read your book for my A+. Worked out pretty well for me.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • Options
    SelfmadeSelfmade Member Posts: 268
    I have your A+ 4th edition laying in my floor, I need to actually read it over and pass the exam, I'm just too focused on the CCNA exam, but I really did like what I had read of it so far. It's very well written and your writing style manages to be entertaining and not overtly technical, which I like.

Makes it much more enjoyable to read, now once this CCNA is done, I can get the A+ out of the way.

Thank you Mr. Myers.
    It's not important to add reptutation points to others, but to be nice and spread good karma everywhere you go.
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Selfmade wrote: »
    I really did like what I had read of it so far. It's very well written and your writing style manages to be entertaining and not overtly technical, which I like.

Is that why you keep it on your floor?
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    SelfmadeSelfmade Member Posts: 268
    humble2007 wrote: »
    Is that why you keep it on your floor?

CCNA makes me keep it on the floor icon_redface.gif

It also makes me keep my CCNA Security and CCNP BSCI lab book on the floor
    It's not important to add reptutation points to others, but to be nice and spread good karma everywhere you go.
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Selfmade wrote: »
    CCNA makes me keep it on the floor icon_redface.gif

It also makes me keep my CCNA Security and CCNP BSCI lab book on the floor

Seriously, buy a bookshelf. Ikea has some real cheap ones. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    My A+ book is on the floor, too. It's closer to my desk than the bookshelf. The edition I used while studying for the A+ is on the bookshelf though.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    jediknightjediknight Member Posts: 113
    Welcome to forums Mike!

Wow, it's been quite some time since I took my A+ but I remember first starting off in my career in IT with very little computer software knowledge and no hardware knowledge at all.

I used your A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide way back in 2002 to begin learning about this stuff. It was the only book I used and I was able to pass both A+ exams both taken the same day! It's worth saying my friend used the same book while in technical school and passed the A+ exam as well!

Thank you for a fantastic book which has helped paved the way to where I am at in my career! I have not seen your current works, but if they are anything like they were back in 2002 I'm sure they exceed excellence!

Well done!
  • Options
    whutupperwhutupper Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    welcome aboard Mike, I'm Bill Gates. icon_twisted.gif
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Welcome Mike!

Have used your material before, and rather enjoyed it!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    dairou18dairou18 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I really enjoyed your A+ books.