Options

BCMSN - what to expect?

TrifidwTrifidw Member Posts: 281
Well 2 years ago I was worrying about taking my CCNA and getting my first job and now it is time to start progressing again...

I have hammered half of the BCMSN book by reading, understanding and writing notes this bank holiday weekend and am looking at taking the exam in the last week of June.

What has been bugging me (and the reason for this thread) is I am not sure what to expect... This is my first 'professional' exam, and second Cisco Certified one. I did my CCNA through the network accademy, taking module exams after each topic. I don't have this luxury with the CCNP. I do however have some real world experience with the topics through work.

Is there a practice exam provided or that someone has put together? (NOT REAL EXAM QUESTIONS!) Or access to the official module network academy exams? (or similar?)

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    ZblaJhaNiZblaJhaNi Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Trifidw wrote: »
    This is my first 'professional' exam, and second Cisco Certified one. I did my CCNA through the network accademy, taking module exams after each topic. I don't have this luxury with the CCNP.

Hmmm if am not wrong, you have to first do the CCNA industrial exam, to be allowed to complete the CCNP...

You can do the exams, but your CCNP will not be valid until you pass your CCNA industrial exam.

BR
    ...to the stars through difficulties...
  • Options
    ReibeReibe Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Trifidw wrote: »
    This is my first 'professional' exam, and second Cisco Certified one. I did my CCNA through the network accademy, taking module exams after each topic.

Did you ever take the actual CCNA certification exam? I went through netacademy also, and as far as I know, you still have to pass the cert exam - the modules don't count toward the actual certification.
  • Options
    CyanicCyanic Member Posts: 289
    There are some from Transcender and Boson, but don't expect them to help much. The real test questions are much harder.
  • Options
    TrifidwTrifidw Member Posts: 281
    Reibe wrote: »
    Did you ever take the actual CCNA certification exam? I went through netacademy also, and as far as I know, you still have to pass the cert exam - the modules don't count toward the actual certification.

Sorry, I should have been clear. I hold a 640-801.

I'd like a full practice exam with question of similar difficulty to the real thing to get an idea of what areas I need to improve on. I'm guessing this isn't available?