Options

How long do you need to study for 70-640?

Shy87Shy87 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
Starting today with cbt nuggets and from self paced training kit.. just wondering for how do you have to study to master all the concepts

Comments

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I started March 1 with MS Press book, Sybex book, Testout Labsim. I'm also labbing everything I can on VMWare workstation.
    It all depends on your experience with Server 2k8, or even 2k3, as to how long you'll need.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    kiki1579kiki1579 Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Like earweed said...it depends on how much time you want to devote to studying everyday. You should probably start with the kit first, assuming it's the MS Press kit, read each chapter, do the labs and setup a VMware environment to get an idea. You could probably do it in a month or two.
  • Options
    Shy87Shy87 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    kiki1579 wrote: »
    Like earweed said...it depends on how much time you want to devote to studying everyday. You should probably start with the kit first, assuming it's the MS Press kit, read each chapter, do the labs and setup a VMware environment to get an idea. You could probably do it in a month or two.

umm i think so as well..the only problem is i hate reading books..

so going to start with cbt nuggets first
  • Options
    ThrasonicThrasonic Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    FYI, I started studying using the Microsoft self-study kit on February 1. I've worked on this every week, 3 to 4 days a week, with an average of probably 10+ hours per week working on this (reading and working through the labs). I just finished chapter 17 this week so it took me 3+ months. Just thought I'd show you about how long it took me... :)
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    From what I've been told, anything in 2003 applies to 2008 (with some exceptions, of course). So if you are familiar with 2003 it should be pretty quick.
    Decide what to be and go be it.