ccent on 24th

ToddBToddB Member Posts: 149
few questions:

I have the boson test with my book, I decieded not to even look at it and just study my book and labs. I heard its easier and harder then the real exam. My question should I use this stuff or not, my worry is if I do great or poor I'll focus only on boson and not all my stuff.

The only certs Ive taking is Nortel can anyone compair the 2, Ive always aced Nortel.
:thumbup:

Phil 4:6 "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God."

Comments

• peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ToddB,
    If I were you, I would study my notes and probably about a week or so out, take the Boson exams. This will give you a gauge as to how well do you know the material. If I were you, I wouldn't rule out (or not use) any study material. In the end, it can only help. one thing I will say about the Boson... use it as a guide so you'll know what areas you need to work on. Do not focus on scoring 100% on the Boson because eventually you'll memorize all the questions if you're taking the Boson everyday. Just use it sparingly leading up to the exam. Just my thoughts... I HTH

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • SelfmadeSelfmade Member Posts: 268
    Regarding your practice exams, I agree with the poster above me. It is better if you have several practice exams, you might take ONE practice exam to do use as an assessment of your skills, and then when you're going over the answers to THAT practice exam, you will see what you got wrong and what you got right, and then it will tell you what areas you need to focus on so you can do better. DO NOT take practice exam after practice exam, all you will do is just memorize answers and it will not help you on the actual exam because you will get questions that are worded differently and won't have the same answers.

Best advice is use an assessment exam as a baseline, then work from there, only take practice exams as a way to test your knowledge only after you have studied everything. If you follow that advice, you should be well prepared to take your exam.

Practice exams are only good if you use them properly, if you don't, they can end up giving you false confidence.
    It's not important to add reptutation points to others, but to be nice and spread good karma everywhere you go.
  • ToddBToddB Member Posts: 149
    thanks !
    I guess I'm over worried, had a freind test me and was told I know the info and need more time in the labs.
    :thumbup:

Phil 4:6 "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God."
  • SelfmadeSelfmade Member Posts: 268
    I hope you pass brother, just set a testing date, book it in advance, then stick to it and be prepared.

The night before you take your exam, don't try to study, do something that gives you pleasure and relaxation, because if you cram you will only end up tired and disorientated when you take the exam and you will probably do poorly. Nothing will change between the night before and the next day when you test.

If you know it the day before, you will still know it when you walk in to test.

I agree, I learned far more from doing labs than I ever did reading, that's no joke.

I can configure everything, but I could probably not tell you maybe 25-30 percent of the stuff that was on the NetAcad, like the VERY VERY VERY detailed specifics.

I can tell you what things are and why they work, and how they work.
    It's not important to add reptutation points to others, but to be nice and spread good karma everywhere you go.