Options

sitting the exam tomorrow morning.

nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
after taking a break from certification tests for about a year i'm back on track. my original goal was to tackle the ccna: security first but because of this renewal policy with comptia and the fact my ccna doesn't expire till summer of next year i jumped ship real quick to the security+. used a variety of sources including cbt nuggets, various sscp/cissp books, the sybex guide but i found darril gibson's book to be the most valuable in terms of focusing on the information needed for the objectives (i know darril participates in these forums so if you see this big thanks!). looking forward to a pass tomorrow morning and moving on towards ccna: security, ccda, and cwna.
WIP: IPS exam

Comments

• Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good luck
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Good luck on the exam.
    Just relax and read the questions carefully and you'll do fine.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    SelfmadeSelfmade Member Posts: 268
    Good luck man, icon_study.gificon_study.gificon_study.gif then icon_cheers.gif
    It's not important to add reptutation points to others, but to be nice and spread good karma everywhere you go.
  • Options
    Selfmade wrote: »

LOL, ain't that the truth.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    No :drunkicon_confused.gif You guys are doing it wrong...
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    dynamik wrote: »
    No :drunkicon_confused.gif You guys are doing it wrong...

Younger generation, ;)

J/k

Good luck!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Good luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    smash success on the exam and my pass happens to coincide with cinco de mayo. dynamik had the right idea up above. party time. thanks for the kind words everyone!
    WIP: IPS exam
  • Options
    SelfmadeSelfmade Member Posts: 268
    Selfmade wrote: »

Just wanted to quote myself

Now you're icon_cool.gificon_arrow.gificon_cheers.gif then more icon_study.gificon_study.gificon_study.gif so you can icon_cheers.gif again soon!!!

icon_thumright.gif
    It's not important to add reptutation points to others, but to be nice and spread good karma everywhere you go.
  • Options
    Ashraf khAshraf kh Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congratulations nicklauscombs , did you use or do you recommend any brain **** for the exam ? I'm plannig to go for it too soon..

Ash
  • Options
    mrmcmintmrmcmint Member Posts: 492 ■■■□□□□□□□
    There's always one.
    Don't use brain **** - just study and learn the material like everyone else.

Anyway - Congrats on the pass!!!! drunken_smilie.gif
  • Options
    Unless you like working at jobs 1 day at a time. Just learn the material.

congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    What is it with Ash and this love of ****?
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    david.fergusondavid.ferguson Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Great job. Doesnt it feel great? I just completed mine today as well, and I am already thinking which one is next. Congrats.
  • Options
    david.fergusondavid.ferguson Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I agree, just have to take the time and learn the information. Can say that I thought the 2nd exam was bit harder, required a little more studying. Goodluck!!!
  • Options
    bubble2005bubble2005 Member Posts: 210 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ashraf kh wrote: »
    congratulations nicklauscombs , did you use or do you recommend any brain **** for the exam ? I'm plannig to go for it too soon..

Ash

Ash remember the keyword brain "****". It would be highly recommended to study, LEARN. It is very rewarding. Brain **** is like electronic theft of knowledge. Do you feel like really stealing or earning?icon_lol.gif
    Think Big Stay Focus: In the midst of all situations, think positive.:thumbup:
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    ... i found darril gibson's book to be the most valuable in terms of focusing on the information needed for the objectives (i know darril participates in these forums so if you see this big thanks!). looking forward to a pass tomorrow morning and moving on towards ccna: security, ccda, and cwna.

Glad the book helped. I see you passed. Congrats.

Congrats to you too, David.

Darril Gibson
    Author: CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead
    ISBN-10: 1439236364
    Security+ Blog