Passed 70-270 today

dperson2dperson2 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Scored 880

Was my first attempt. I used ********* (edited to shut annoying people up). Im really excited to get going on 290 or 291. What order did you guys recieve your certs? Im actually wanting to get my MCSA first, and go from there. Either way, I gotta get out of this "helpdesk" enviroment.

Comments

• miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    dperson2 wrote: »
    Scored 880

Was my first attempt. I used testout and ****. Im really excited to get going on 290 or 291. What order did you guys recieve your certs? Im actually wanting to get my MCSA first, and go from there. Either way, I gotta get out of this "helpdesk" enviroment.

Loser....icon_rolleyes.gif

We don't do **** on this site....
    you only got a 880 while cheating? That is not very promising.
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    miller811 wrote: »
    Loser....icon_rolleyes.gif

We don't do **** on this site....
    you only got a 880 while cheating? That is not very promising.

Real men (and women) study and learn the material so that when we get a job using our cert we can back it up.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • dperson2dperson2 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Going to those bootcamps is cheating, I studied for 6 months after doing helpdesk for a year and I deserve this. I stumbled onto **** looking for other practice exams an hour before taking my exam.

To be honest, Your stupid or lieing if you didnt look, its good insight on whats expected when your really nervous about taking your first exam.

I get what your saying, but trust me, im not one of those guys...
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    dperson2 wrote: »
    Going to those bootcamps is cheating, I studied for 6 months after doing helpdesk for a year and I deserve this. I stumbled onto **** looking for other practice exams an hour before taking my exam.

To be honest, Your stupid or lieing if you didnt look, its good insight on whats expected when your really nervous about taking your first exam.

To each their own I suppose. However many organizations will take your cert away if they find you were using these **** sites. I have also heard of employers letting people go for it. Taking a peek 10 minutes before your exam might not be such a bad thing if you have been studying hard, but using **** as a crutch to pass means two things. 1) You essentially cheated. 2) You don't actually know the material, so when you get a job by having that cert on your resume they catch on real quick that you either don't actually have the cert or that you just dumped away. They don't care which, they just find someone else to do the job.

I find certifications are a way to learn new things, and the test is just to confirm that I learned what I was supposed to and to show employers that I know it too.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
    humble2007 wrote: »
    To each their own I suppose. However many organizations will take your cert away if they find you were using these **** sites. I have also heard of employers letting people go for it. Taking a peek 10 minutes before your exam might not be such a bad thing if you have been studying hard, but using **** as a crutch to pass means two things. 1) You essentially cheated. 2) You don't actually know the material, so when you get a job by having that cert on your resume they catch on real quick that you either don't actually have the cert or that you just dumped away. They don't care which, they just find someone else to do the job.

I find certifications are a way to learn new things, and the test is just to confirm that I learned what I was supposed to and to show employers that I know it too.

Indeed, but I was already certified through Vatterrott College and held a Network Support Analyst position for a large school before even considering MCSE. MCSE is so recognized, all people want give me now are helpdesk positions with my current certs and exp. Its my fault for not explaining better in my original post I guess.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You explained well enough that you cheated. Is that how you're gonna get your other certs too?
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
    earweed wrote: »
    You explained well enough that you cheated. Is that how you're gonna get your other certs too?

Dont try to steal my win away, I worked alot harder than you can even imagine to earn it...
  • AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I've edited this post but want to elaborate here.

Do not mention **** in any way shape or form. More importantly DO NOT attempt to bypass the filtering system again.
    Your opinion on the use of **** is your own but that of this site and the vast majority of the userbase here has been clearly stated many times.

I'm locking the thread as we've been down this road before, though I appreciate the sentiments even with the best of intentions threads like this are never constructive.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
This discussion has been closed.