No matter what you do in CCNA

SelfmadeSelfmade Member Posts: 268
Nothing will be cooler than taking your CCNA 4 exam, and agreeing with the guys sitting to your right and left that when you finish, you will wait till the other 2 finish, and then once we all finish, click Grade Exam together and claim victory.

We did just that, easily one of the highlights of my community college Cisco courses.

Now we'd do the same thing for the certification but the guy who sits on my right already passed his CCNA cert exam at the end of March and the guy to my left does not think he will take it for a while.

The crazy thing was the practice final was harder than the actual CCNA 4 exam.

Now time to icon_study.gificon_study.gificon_study.gif and review for taking the cert exam, hopefully end of May or first week or 2 of June.
It's not important to add reptutation points to others, but to be nice and spread good karma everywhere you go.

Comments

• alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats. I just took the semester 4 final last week myself and got 94% (can't say how I thought it stacks up against the practice, since I completely forgot to take the practice icon_mrgreen.gif).

I'll be taking the actual CCNA test as soon as I get my voucher. Who knows how long that will be though since my instructor still doesn't have us marked as passing on the CNA site yet.

And since the cheerleaders went over so well, how about the wave this time?
    groupwave.gif
  • EthicalEthical Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    alan2308 wrote: »
    I'll be taking the actual CCNA test as soon as I get my voucher. Who knows how long that will be though since my instructor still doesn't have us marked as passing on the CNA site yet.

icon_thumright.gif

Congrats to the both of you for finishing your cisco 4 classes. I just took (and passed) the CCNA thanks to the discount voucher after passing cisco 4. 60% off was great! Good luck with your CCNA Exam.
    Ethical wrote: »
    icon_thumright.gif

Congrats to the both of you for finishing your cisco 4 classes. I just took (and passed) the CCNA thanks to the discount voucher after passing cisco 4. 60% off was great! Good luck with your CCNA Exam.

About how long did it take for you to get your voucher (unless thats covered by NDA also)?
  • SelfmadeSelfmade Member Posts: 268
    Nice score!! I made an 80 without any kind of review or study guide, I just went in and took it, I felt like I should just either know it or I don't know it. However I do need to review semesters 1 and 2 because it's been so long, I need to brush up on the specifics of both semesters before I'll feel comfortable taking the cert exam.

I am aiming towards end of May to early June, leaning towards end of May so I can just go in and get it over with.

I'm about maybe 50-60 percent confident I could pass now if I tried to take it at this moment. After a 2 or 3 week review, I'm supremely confident I can pass it.

I think once I pass it, I will do some kind of write up on WAN protocols and ACL's and NAT to help out some TE'ers as they try to prepare for those. Those are my weakest areas though but I want to do it as a way to reinforce what I learn and force myself to learn them inside and out so I will be prepared for the real world as well as the rest of my Cisco studies.

It would suck to attempt CCNP or CCSP level stuff and not know these inside and out.

Anyway, you're going to take it without any kind of review or practice exams? With your score, if it's like that across all semesters, then i'd say you could pass for sure. Although I'd advise you to take at least a few practice exams to make sure you haven't forgotten anything.
    It's not important to add reptutation points to others, but to be nice and spread good karma everywhere you go.
    my college pays for me to take the CCNA so I won't need to pay for it, if I fail, I can just retake it, i will have to pay for the retake though.

I want to pass it on the first try though

my classmate made a 974 out of 1000 on it
    No, I plan to take a couple weeks to review everything. There's no way that I haven't forgotten anything along the way. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Project2501Project2501 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I thought the CCNA 1,2,3 and 4 exams were harder than the certification exam.
    - Pete
    I thought the CCNA 1,2,3 and 4 exams were harder than the certification exam.

that is EXACTLY what my beastly friend said.

he said that the CCNA course material OVERPREPARES you to take the exam, he also said just about any chapter test or final exam was harder than the actual certification exam.

He said the PRACTICE final for CCNA 4 was harder than the actual cert exam.

He also said that he knows how much I know and he says that I should really be able to take it and pass it after a week of review, but I'm going to err on the side of caution and kind of over-review myself for it, I definitely need to get subnetting down to where I can do it inside my head. I have not focused on that much but I do understand how subnetting and VLSM work, I just have not done much on calculating problems like

8000 hosts on the /24 subnet, you start with XXXX IP, what's the addressing scheme?

problems like that, I have not gotten down to a science to where I can do it all inside my head.

But I do have Mr. Todd Lammle's book and plan to devour the section on subnetting as I have heard it proclaimed as the best subnetting guide, then i'm gonna hop over to subnettingquestions.com and get that done.

Gonna make a subnetting table on my scratch paper to take into the exam and use that as a quick reference table, I hope that will help.

My other obvious weakness is ACL's, once i get those down I will be confident after a short review of everything else that I can pass.
  • Project2501Project2501 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Nah dude just do it. Seriously it's not that hard. I reviewed for a week after not studying for 6 months and passed. The night before the exam I was playing Modern Warfare 2 until 2am.

If you can pass those chapter exams just book the test and go nuts with passing.
    - Pete
    I believe you, but I also believe in a sure thing. I do well on the chapter tests, but I want to make sure I get this done correctly. I don't want to have to pay money to take this exam again :)

but i can tell you I won't be the guy cramming untill 5 in the morning the day of the exam. I usually do exactly what you do, I play games or watch TV then take the exam, that's exactly what I did the weekend before I took my CCNA 4 final, no studying, I just played Assassin's Creed 2 on my PS3, I felt like either I know it or I don't.

But for the actual cert exam, I want to review, then take it, that's what I'm gonna do, hey its better than seeing a thread about me FAILING the exam, right?
    alan2308 wrote: »
    About how long did it take for you to get your voucher?

For the sake of everybody else in the CNA, the link to request a voucher showed up on my CNA page 2 days after my instructor marked me as passed. It says don't request it until you're ready to take the exam, so I'm guessing that you get it quickly after requesting it.