Options

Boson Exam

ZblaJhaNiZblaJhaNi Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I wonder how similar this exams are compared to the real exams.
I reached 810 points in CCNP switch exam.

I see where my weak points are, so I will repeat some of the chapters.

Thanks for answers

BR
...to the stars through difficulties...

Comments

• Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Not to be negative, but there are TONS of these threads about.

Anyway, most people rumor that the BOSON exams are harder than the actual exam. However, I believe that the difficulty of a practice exam does not enable a person to better learn material.

You should pick a practice exam program that benefits you knowledge, not your ability to pass the test.

My 2cents.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • Options
    CyanicCyanic Member Posts: 289
    chmorin wrote: »
    Anyway, most people rumor that the BOSON exams are harder than the actual exam.
    My 2cents.

Careful, this may be true for the CCNA, but not necessarily for CCNP.
  • Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Cyanic wrote: »
    Careful, this may be true for the CCNA, but not necessarily for CCNP.

You're right. That is why I think it is stupid to focus on the difficulty of exam, and smart to focus on something that benefits your knowledge.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • Options
    I'm seriously thinking of getting Boson for the BSCI. I just feel naked going into an exam without a serious pretest of my knowledge. I tried Transcender for the BCMSN and thought it was a joke. From reading through posts on this forum, it seems that Boson is similar in difficulty to the real exam for BSCI, I am not so sure for the BCMSN though.
  • Options
    ZblaJhaNiZblaJhaNi Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for answers
    ...to the stars through difficulties...
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I find the BOSON tests to fact based and not very real world hands on. In fact they are much more like glorified flash cards than exams.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    DevilWAH wrote: »
    I find the BOSON tests to fact based and not very real world hands on. In fact they are much more like glorified flash cards than exams.

I would say this about any Cisco exam, except for the CCIE lab. For real world, the RedHat exams have 0 questions, 100% hands on.
  • Options
    DPGDPG Member Posts: 780 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Cyanic wrote: »
    I would say this about any Cisco exam, except for the CCIE lab. For real world, the RedHat exams have 0 questions, 100% hands on.

I guess you haven't seen the new CCNP exams (in particular the TSHOOT).
  • Options
    qplayedqplayed Member Posts: 303
    tshoot is 95% hands-on
    If you cannot express in a sentence or two what
    you intend to get across, then it is not focused
    well enough.
    —Charles Osgood, TV commentator
  • Options
    I guess you could add TSHOOT to my statement as well, but it still is not real equipment.