Router Sim on Exam

amtt81amtt81 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
A couple questions about the router sim on the exam:

Do those count for more?

If you make 1 little mistype is the whole thing wrong?

Will it act similar to a real router and not allow you to enter an invalid command - like say a typo? Or say like you dont type exit or end after rip configuration or something like that

How many on average do people get on the exam - if i can ask that.

Thanks - Im going for it on Friday - wish me luck!

Comments

• StoticStotic Member Posts: 248
    It simulates a real router, but has available commands that are only relevant to CCNA studies. There's no scripted grade scale out there, but I believe it is a general consensus that partial credit is awarded. When you ask if the word exit is graded. I'm sure your graded on the final configuration. Not how you got there.

"How many on average do people get on the exam - if i can ask that."

No, I don't believe you can.
  • xenodamusxenodamus Member Posts: 758
    Ditto....I think everyone agrees that the sims count for more than an average multiple choice question. Cisco does state that they award partial credit for sims in some cases.

As far as acting like a real router - yes, it does, with the exception of what commands are supported. If you know your way around a router/sim at home, you'll have no problem on test day.

Personally, when I tested I got this rush while working sims. I don't know if it was adrenaline or fear, but it was kinda exciting. icon_twisted.gif I love the fact that it's testing your IOS and network knowledge in a real situation....because that's what were all in this to do, right?
    CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V