Options

When the going gets tough...

2»

Comments

• Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Chipsch wrote: »
    Turned out to be a much more exhausting weekend than anticipated. Didn't end up getting much done on Sunday with the remodeling of the screened in porch to sun room.

Sat down last night and knocked out Chapter 9 on redistribution. Moving onto BGP today. Going to have to spend a good bit of time on it simply because I don't use it a whole lot. Look foward to diving back into it though because it has always been my favorite routing protocol due to the numerous techniques of manipulation that are available.

That other stuff outside study can be very timeconsuming. Keep tramping to 100 hours and you should be close.
  • Options
    ChipschChipsch Member Posts: 114
    Chapter 10 and a little over half of Chapter 11 knocked out in Odom's guide today. Lots of BGP, spent a good bit of going over as-path acces-lists with REGEX. Should finish up Chapter 11 tomorrow and move into internet routing architectures for supplemental knowledge. This is definetely one of my weaker areas, gotta make sure the fundamentals are nailed down. Now it is time for some discreete mathematics, number theory with a focus on how RSA was created. Yeah, time for a neat glass of the reserves also, hehe.
  • Options
    Finished Chapter 11 last night on BGP. Going to actually skip to Chapter 19 and get to work on MPLS. Should finish that Chapter at work today since it is a technology we will be incorporating within the next few months. Going to start reading MPLS Funfamentals tonight and throughout the weekend.
  • Options
    Finished Chapter 20. Going to move foward now with Internet Routing Architectures and MPLS Fundamentals. Hate to deviate from the R&S text but I feel like it will be worthwhile. Those should be the only two other texts I dive into outside the rest of the material in the R&S text.
  • Options
    Chapter 5 and half of Chapter 6 completed in Halabi's text. Really good read so far. Looks like the detour from the R&S guide will be worth while. Time to take my daughter out for donuts.
  • Options
    reaper81reaper81 Member Posts: 631
    You are doing a lot of reading. That is great, that will help you a lot further on. Don't rush it though. Halabi is a great read. Enjoy the time with your daughter, family is the most important thing :)
    Daniel Dib
    CCIE #37149
  • Options
    Chapter 5 and half of Chapter 6 completed in Halabi's text. Really good read so far. Looks like the detour from the R&S guide will be worth while. Time to take my daughter out for donuts.

Good reading. Take the pain and keep pushing onto 100 hours, you are going well!
  • Options
    Finished Chapter 6 in Halabi's text. Got lots of work done today in the yard and on the sunroom, dropped in 6 storm windows. Not touching anything tonight except a cold mug and a pillow, hehe. Gonna get back to it tomorrow.
  • Options
    Been super busy the past couple of days. Have pretty much knocked out everything from Halabi's book that i felt i should go over. Going to do some labs tonight to really nail it down.
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hey Chipsch

You are doing well, keep it up!

I've had a short hiatus from my CCIE studies, which I've left since around November when I started my new job. After being here about 4 months I have concluded that I don't think I want a very long term career with this company, I don't think they really are interested in having any more CCIE's in any locations by me.

So, I have decided to pick up the studies again and have a re-think of my future :D

I'm back to Chapter 1 of Odom and will start there :)

Good luck
  • Options
    gorebrush wrote: »
    Hey Chipsch

You are doing well, keep it up!

I've had a short hiatus from my CCIE studies, which I've left since around November when I started my new job. After being here about 4 months I have concluded that I don't think I want a very long term career with this company, I don't think they really are interested in having any more CCIE's in any locations by me.

So, I have decided to pick up the studies again and have a re-think of my future :D

I'm back to Chapter 1 of Odom and will start there :)

Good luck

Thanks for the support and best of luck to you on your studies. Mine have unfortunately been slowing down and will be for the next few weeks due to work constraints. Projects, projects, projects. Going to keep trudging along the best I can in the meantime. Moving onto QoS topics, Chapter 12 I think in Odom's book....
  • Options
    Thanks for the support and best of luck to you on your studies. Mine have unfortunately been slowing down and will be for the next few weeks due to work constraints. Projects, projects, projects. Going to keep trudging along the best I can in the meantime. Moving onto QoS topics, Chapter 12 I think in Odom's book....

I know what you mean about projects. Great experience but a real sink on your time, the preparation and effort required to keep them moving forward is draining too. Concentrate on the day job and squeek in some steady reading when you can. Exams are great and everything but work pays the bills, which is why we do the exams in the first place.
  • Options
    Very little amount of study due to a pile of projects on my desk currently. Can't seem to even find the energy to get to the couch when I make it home, hehe. Also had a really good interview with a company that would put me in the service provider realm. Was told I will know something within the next two weeks after we conducted two interviews. That could definitely change things a bit.
  • Options
    PsychoFinPsychoFin Member Posts: 280
    We all love change, right? :D

Good luck with the studies and keep your eyes on the prize!

Cheers,
    Fin