Options

SIP trunk > service provider

JeromeTechieJeromeTechie Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone,

I am currently working on CIPT1, and well though i know this isn't part of the course i am curious by nature and wanted to try set a SIP trunk to my service provider ( I currently have a working SIP account).

Thing is i don't really find good documentation as to how to achieve this and Cisco makes it really complicated to configure one when lesser IPBX make it really easy.

So far what i did was configure a SIP trunk > configure a SIP security profile with Digest authetication enabled > configure SIP realm with my sip account infos > configure route group > route list > route pattern

End of the day after dialling i got my timer, call aint going through and i get disconnected.

First question given the fact i am behind a NAT can CUCM 7.0 handle that by himself and if not do i need to use a CUBE configuration into that.

Second question is it normal i can't seem to be able to link my SIP realm to either my sip security profile or my sip trunk.

Third but not least is there some kind of debug interface i can use on CUCM 7.0 that could give me infos as to the registering information or other useful troubleshooting infos. If yes where do i access it.

Thanks in advance for the leads icon_twisted.gif
:o CCIE is tough

Comments

• Options
    Hello everyone,

I am currently working on CIPT1, and well though i know this isn't part of the course i am curious by nature and wanted to try set a SIP trunk to my service provider ( I currently have a working SIP account).

Thing is i don't really find good documentation as to how to achieve this and Cisco makes it really complicated to configure one when lesser IPBX make it really easy.

So far what i did was configure a SIP trunk > configure a SIP security profile with Digest authetication enabled > configure SIP realm with my sip account infos > configure route group > route list > route pattern

End of the day after dialling i got my timer, call aint going through and i get disconnected.

First question given the fact i am behind a NAT can CUCM 7.0 handle that by himself and if not do i need to use a CUBE configuration into that.

Second question is it normal i can't seem to be able to link my SIP realm to either my sip security profile or my sip trunk.

Third but not least is there some kind of debug interface i can use on CUCM 7.0 that could give me infos as to the registering information or other useful troubleshooting infos. If yes where do i access it.

Thanks in advance for the leads icon_twisted.gif
    Up please, can't believe no one ever got interested into this...
  • Options
    pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    The scenario that we’re faced with now involves a DS3 of SiP only from our provider -> CUBE so we were able to avoid the typical firewall/NAT traversal items. Cisco does a really poor job @ addressing SiP issues @ the CCVP level – I’d say they cover like 10%.

Here’s a quick whitepaper on getting the trunk setup:

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/3798-3-3261/Configuring%20SIP%20Route%20Patterns%20in%20CUCM_Posted_1_14_09.pdf?communityID=2222

Good info here – NAT is most certainly going to be your enemy:

NAT traversal for the SIP protocol | freshmeat.net
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • Options
    pitviper wrote: »
    The scenario that we’re faced with now involves a DS3 of SiP only from our provider -> CUBE so we were able to avoid the typical firewall/NAT traversal items. Cisco does a really poor job @ addressing SiP issues @ the CCVP level – I’d say they cover like 10%.

Here’s a quick whitepaper on getting the trunk setup:

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/3798-3-3261/Configuring%20SIP%20Route%20Patterns%20in%20CUCM_Posted_1_14_09.pdf?communityID=2222

Good info here – NAT is most certainly going to be your enemy:

NAT traversal for the SIP protocol | freshmeat.net

Ok thanks for your answer, i ll try read that throufully and see where htis leads, but i find it really hard to understand why Cisco makes such a big issue on SIP provider configuration, when most other IPPBX configuration are really intuitive and easy to configure. I could easily name a couple of brands offering their IPBX for free which could let us configure a SIP provider in a minute.

I usually love what Cisco do but their handling of SIP is retarded. SCCP is pretty nice i love how the centralized management works but they need to go deeper into SIP and fast, CUCM express is supposed to handle SIP and yet when you look for documentation regarding that its rly lame and you got to resort to tutos on the net and i am under the impression its same stuff for CUCM.

any idea if the coverage of SIP is better in CCIE?