Options

Good sec+ test exams?

yosi199yosi199 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
Can anyone recommend a good, reliable exam tests?

I mean, I've tried the one in Darill's book but I dont know how close they are to the real deal. I've just tried taking the 40 questions demo test here on this site and I encountered some new, different questions from the one's I knew.

What will be a good reliable source for tests, ones that you find are close to the real exam?

Comments

• Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    i went with the transcender practice exams for this one and was very pleased on how they prepared me for the actual test.
    WIP: IPS exam
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I used testout (Labsim) and their tests were much harder than the actual test, which is actually a good thing. I've also heard good things about Transcender for the Sec+. Whatever practice test you decide on first check it out at certgard.com to make sure it's not a braindump, or just post the name here and if it's filtered (looks like ******) it's a braindump.
    Good luck in your studies!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    earweed wrote: »
    Whatever practice test you decide on first check it out at certgard.com

I've never heard of this site before, I'll have to check it out.

Thanks

Edit: Just did a search for it, looks like it is http://www.certguard.com/
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    ike2187ike2187 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thats good to know... never knew that also.
  • Options
    Are there any free ones? this things cost a lot!!!
  • Options
    Some sites offer samples. U-certify is one of those but you get very few questions with the samples. Free practice exams for MCSE, Cisco, CompTIA, LPI, Red Hat, and CIW certifications also offers a free practice exam.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    bwcartybwcarty Member Posts: 422 ■■■□□□□□□□
    SelfTestSoftware is the sister company of Transcender, and they're a better bargain. You can get 30 days of online access for the Sec+ practice test for $50.
    Help eradicate blood cancers with a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
  • Options
    bwcarty wrote: »
    SelfTestSoftware is the sister company of Transcender, and they're a better bargain. You can get 30 days of online access for the Sec+ practice test for $50.

Or you can spend $119 on Transcender for life (actually I think its 3 years). Personally I would spend the extra $70, I don't like having strings attatched to things.
  • Options
    humble2007 wrote: »
    Or you can spend $119 on Transcender for life (actually I think its 3 years). Personally I would spend the extra $70, I don't like having strings attatched to things.

Can you provide a link? I only found a 30 internet access for 119$ on their site.
  • Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    not sure about the other tests but transcender has a money back guarantee if you fail the test within a certain time frame after buying the software. sure its expensive, anywhere from 80 - 120 bucks depending on if you buy the 30 day access or for life. however i know for me personally they help the learning and exam taking process so they are invaluable.
    WIP: IPS exam
  • Options
    CompTIA

The thing that is $309 includes a voucher. If you haven't bought your voucher yet and don't get any other discounts, this will be cheapest for you, since the voucher normally costs $258. (If you plan on buying transcender)

Another thing you can do is buy trainsignal videos/audio. Never used them myself but for $297 you can get that with transcender. CompTIA Security+ Training, Network+ SY0-201 Certification| Train Signal
  • Options
    Is buying a voucher is repected worldwide?
    I live in Israel and I'm affraid buying the voucher and not be able to use it...
  • Options
    yosi199 wrote: »
    Is buying a voucher is repected worldwide?
    I live in Israel and I'm affraid buying the voucher and not be able to use it...

I believe so. As long as you test with the same company. (A prometric voucher won't work with a vue testing center and vice versa). Find which testing center you want to go to, and then buy a voucher for them.
  • Options
    DoubleDDoubleD Member Posts: 273 ■□□□□□□□□□
    bwcarty wrote: »

Whats the diffirence with between SelfTestSoftware test questions and Transcenders? apart from the price.
  • Options
    I don't think you're allowed, due to licensing, to post an actual question from a practice test. You should probably edit out that question before it gets flagged.
    As for examples of actual questions that would violate NDA.
    BTW I have taken the exam and I don't recall callback ever being mentioned anywhere. You should have enough knowledge or Radius, Tacacs, and NAT to know if these would do it for you as all of these are included in your learning objectives. This is probably just a case of elimination.
  • Options
    Ok sorry if I've offended anyone by writing a question. wont happen again.

Anyway, I now need to wait with taking the test an study some more, I lost my confidence.
  • Options
    Don't lose confidence. If the seltest practice test you have has a study guide included with it it probably mentions callback. You're on th right track studying and testing to find your weaknesses. It's not that hard of a test.
    As I mentioned earlier I used mostly just one source (Labsim) which included it's own practice questions and I scored an 865.
    Keep going ahead, don't let anything hold you back.
  • Options
    abefromanabefroman Banned Posts: 278
    Get the exam cram book, and that comes with the Measure Up test.