Options

Passed 70-680

GosU-TecHGosU-TecH Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
Took the exam this morning...passed with a score of 754. A bit lower score than I expected, but whatever, I'm happy...a pass is a pass.

Strongest Areas:
Installing, Upgrading, and Migrating
Configuring Hardware and Apps
Configuring Network Connectivity
Configuring Access to Resources
Configuring Mobile Computing

Weakest Areas:
Deploying Windows 7
Monitoring and Maintaining Systems that Run Windows 7
Configuring Backup and Recovery Options

Just used the MS Press book and the practice labs from the book. My wife got me the Sybex book, but I was already 3/4 into the MS Press book, and basically just glanced over it.

Comments

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats!
    Good to hear from people who had good results using the MS Press book.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    earweed wrote: »
    Congrats!
    Good to hear from people who had good results using the MS Press book.

Thanks. You'll have to post up on how the 70-640 goes for you. That's next on my list and have already started reading the MS press book for that exam. I have the Sybex book too for the 70-640, not sure which one I should lean towards.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratz! I hope I do well when I try to take this next month (at least that is when I hope to take it.) :)
  • Options
    The MS Press book for the 70-640 has about the same number of errors as the 70-680 book has which is why I used both books. The Sybex books and technet articles referenced throughtout the MS book have helped me to find a lot of the errors and fix them. A lot of the exercises in the MS book have serious errors which helped me to learn by fixing them.
    I've used the Measure up tests included with the book to help pinpoint my weaknesses and I'm using U-certify practice test now during review.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options
    KillermacKillermac Member Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    earweed wrote: »
    The MS Press book for the 70-640 has about the same number of errors as the 70-680 book has which is why I used both books. The Sybex books and technet articles referenced throughtout the MS book have helped me to find a lot of the errors and fix them. A lot of the exercises in the MS book have serious errors which helped me to learn by fixing them.
    I've used the Measure up tests included with the book to help pinpoint my weaknesses and I'm using U-certify practice test now during review.

Congrats. So what you are really saying is that because MS failed to cross check the book it helped you pass. :D

KM
    Killermac :)
    A+;Net+;XP,MCP, Security+, Win 7: 70-680
  • Options
    jdawg131jdawg131 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats. I've been using the Sybex book and MeasureUp. I pretty much averaged a 16/20 on the end of chapter quizzes and have been consistently scoring over 80% on the MeasureUp practice exams. I take my exam on Monday. I'm a little nervous, but I feel confident in most of the areas; I don't think that I'll ever get the subnet/routing section of the networking portion.
  • Options
    Killermac wrote: »
    Congrats. So what you are really saying is that because MS failed to cross check the book it helped you pass. :D

KM
    LOL, just made me work harder.icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options
    MicernestMicernest Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Were the sims in the exams?
  • Options
    Micernest wrote: »
    Were the sims in the exams?

No, just multiple choice ?'s. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think MS cert exams with VMs/sims are prefaced with 83 (i.e. the 70-640 was changed to 83-640 to include sims)
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    GosU-TecH wrote: »
    No, just multiple choice ?'s. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think MS cert exams with VMs/sims are prefaced with 83 (i.e. the 70-640 was changed to 83-640 to include sims)

I believe that is true, but I have also been told there are some sims on the 70-290. So who knows.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    bdubbdub Member Posts: 154
    There were some sims on the 70-290 when I took it.
  • Options
    They were alot of sims in 70-290. I had 40questions and bout 12-15 were sims.
  • Options
    I've heard the 70-680 doesn'thave sims yet, The 83-xxx test actually use simulators not those "sorta sims" which are on the 290 and the 620. I've heard the 70-680 is just hard.
  • Options
    Well i will see since am writin it in bout a wk time as my elective.