70-640 - Book selection ?

GosU-TecHGosU-TecH Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
This exam is next for me and I have both the MS Press book and the Sybex book. I plan to review both, but would preferably (in the interest of time) like to lean on one or the other for the majority of my reading. From people who've taken this exam and/or used either book, which helped you be more prepared for the exam? Thanks

Comments

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I feel the MS Press book will help the most. I've been using both. The MS book has a lot of errors and the Sybex book and technet articles have helped to clear them up. I'm sitting the exam Monday so I hope my preparation will pay off.
    This link will provide you corrections to some of the errors.
    MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-640): Configuring Windows Server® 2008 Active Directory® comments and corrections
    There are still more errors in the exercises but it'll help you to better understand the material to find those errors on your own (as I have) and be sure to set up a lab and do these as the 70-640, actually 83-640 now, will have you log onto a virtual server and perform tasks.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.