Options

Feds shred counterfeit Cisco trade - NetworkWorld

veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■

Comments

• Options
    ajmatsonajmatson Member Posts: 289

Wow, this is why I am so skeptical about buying my hardware one eBay unless I can really see good pics of the hardware not some stock shot or far away blurry pics. Nice find on the article.
    Working on currently:
    Masters Degree Information Security and Assurance (WGU) / Estimated 06/01/2016
    Next Up: CCNP Routing Exam | Certified Ethical Hacker Exam
    Cisco Lab: ASA 5506-X, GNS3, 1x 2801 Router, 1x 2650XM, 1x 3750-48TS-E switch, 2x 3550 EMI Switches and 1x 2950T swtich.
    Juniper Lab: 1x SRX100H2, 1x J2320 (1GB Flash/1GB RAM, JunOS 11.4R7.5), and 4 JunOS Firefly vSRX Routers in VMWare ESXi 5.1
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    ajmatson wrote: »
    Wow, this is why I am so skeptical about buying my hardware one eBay unless I can really see good pics of the hardware not some stock shot or far away blurry pics. Nice find on the article.

Those pics can have came from some other order.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    ajmatsonajmatson Member Posts: 289
    Those pics can have came from some other order.

Oh I know trust me I have been burned before but it is a calculated risk. I usually buy from sellers that are either power sellers with 98% or higher feedback or new sellers with 100% feedback. I recently picked up a 2610XM maxed out for $35 and a 2950 switch for $30 that were legit. :)

Playing the game I guess. I also order from CiscoKits when I need for Interface cards and cables though since they are the most counterfeited on eBay in my experience.
    Working on currently:
    Masters Degree Information Security and Assurance (WGU) / Estimated 06/01/2016
    Next Up: CCNP Routing Exam | Certified Ethical Hacker Exam
    Cisco Lab: ASA 5506-X, GNS3, 1x 2801 Router, 1x 2650XM, 1x 3750-48TS-E switch, 2x 3550 EMI Switches and 1x 2950T swtich.
    Juniper Lab: 1x SRX100H2, 1x J2320 (1GB Flash/1GB RAM, JunOS 11.4R7.5), and 4 JunOS Firefly vSRX Routers in VMWare ESXi 5.1
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    This is a problem I don't see going away anytime soon unless Cisco keeps all of it's manufacturing here in the US.
    Just my opinion.
    BTW Veritas how do you keep finding these articles like this all the time? You find a lot of interesting stuff.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    earweed wrote: »
    This is a problem I don't see going away anytime soon unless Cisco keeps all of it's manufacturing here in the US.
    Just my opinion.
    BTW Veritas how do you keep finding these articles like this all the time? You find a lot of interesting stuff.

Subscribe to the newsletter feeds from, NetworkWorld and CompTIA's daily SmartBrief will get you the killer items. If you are a truly addicted tech junkie not easily susceptible to data overload then make Dailyrotation.com your browser home page.

It is a tech and science sector news aggregation site where you can choose from around 300 sites to pull the top 10 headlines from. Registration is free if you wan to pick specific sites or you can just let them show you the defaults based on daily hits. I have about a dozen sites that it follows for me including tech legal and it keeps me well informed.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO