Options

Blank screen with IE8

Cristy_mCristy_m Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am running IE 8 and have reset my defaults to try and run the labs on technet. Every time I start any of them I get the litte red X box in the top of my screen. I am guessing it is an IE8 setting I have wrong. Anyone get passed this?
X.jpg 86.7K

Comments

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Why did you reset defaults in first Place? I know I had done that before when I had a problem and ended up uninstalling browser and reinstalling it. That may be something you could try now as it helped me, but just with a different problem. I couldn't get into the MCP site or IT Academy and was advised to reset to defaults.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Try a different browser. Not knocking IE8 here, it has actually come a long way and I like it. But for me, often the easiest solution is just to try a different browser. Some sites just don't work well with some browsers (oddly you would think this would work perfectly on IE)
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    True, my original problem before I reset my defaults on IE was that I had IE set to automatically log meonto my messenger/hotmail which messed me up getting onto other MS sites. That SHOULDN"T have been a problem but it was. I was able to get on those sites using firefox.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    Try adding the address or domain to your Trusted Sites list.
  • Options
    Cristy_mCristy_m Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I did try the domain and trusted sites but that didn't work either. I tried using Firefox but the site informed me it needed IE of 6.5 or higher. Did anyone try another browser that did work?