Options

Selftest vs Boson

imsiskoimsisko Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
What do you guys think, wich one is better for Microsoft?
I've tried Selftest and Transcender for CCNA but I find the Boson much better. But I've used Selftest for A+, N+ and the 70-270 and found it ok and helpful!
Now I study for the 290 and I have access to Transcender but I find the questions quite easy and not very helpful.
Any experience on the Boson MCSE tests?

Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've been using the TestOut products and I really like the approach that they take. It provides video training,a how-to video, and then you perform the task they just talked about in the previous videos. At the end of each lesson you are provided with a test also. Also, if you are a student you can get the TestOut products for pretty cheap.
  • Options
    Thanks! I've done a course and I've read the book plus I've been using server 2003 in the last year or so, I just need something to test myself before the exam wich is in 2 weeks time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■■■□□□□□□
    In that case, I probably would go with either SelfTest or MeasureUp to gauge where you stand. You probably won't need the video training portion of TestOut. Everyone from these forums seems to favor SelfTest and MeasureUp for the MS exams.
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If you find transcender questions to be easy, maybe it is time to take the test? They haven't steered me wrong yet.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    Yeah probably! :)
    The thing is they don't update transcender in the college and it just seems outdated to me. I registered for the free second shot and if I can't make it first time I'll get the 1 month online version of selftest.
    Also, does anybody know if there are any vista, windows 7 or server 2008 related questions?
  • Options
    Shouldn't be any vista. How is Transcender not up to date? Just click check for updates after you run it.
  • Options
    I know but I use it in the college and it's asking for certain credentials. The admin can be bothered to help...
  • Options
    imsisko wrote: »
    I know but I use it in the college and it's asking for certain credentials. The admin can be bothered to help...

It isn't like you need the school's administrator to come by. At my college there was a helpdesk of people who all had local administration rights. If the school has a license for this, it seems stupid that they wouldn't update. Maybe it just needs to be brought to their attention?
  • Options
    I've asked a few times but never happened. Probably they license has expired and they don't want to renew it just yet... Just can't be bothered to ask anything anymore there!
  • Options
    Never heard of a Transcender volume license. I've only ever used my personal which wouldn't expire like that. Feel free to get a little pushy. You are paying to go to school their, and they are getting paid to work there. If you aren't getting the type of service you would expect as a customer, go above them.