Options

AppSense / Citrix XenApp Issues - Any Experts Here?

LukeQuakeLukeQuake Member Posts: 579 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey all,

If there are any AppSense or Citrix XenApp Pros here then I need some help please. We are using AppSense Personalization Server and Environment Manager (8.0 SP3) and XenApp 5.0 running on Server 2008 Standard Edition 32-bit boxes.

The issues we are experiancing are as follows:-

1) Users' profiles don't always 'personalise' from Personalization Server correctly. Users' will sometimes logon, their Outlook will be configured (proving the server has got some settings from Personalization Server) but they'll be missing things like their Outlook NK2 or Signature settings. Often however a logout / login again sees everything restored.
2) Users will logon, be working fine but will randomly experience issues with Outlook 2007. Some examples include, unable to send emails (they just sit in their Outbox, lose 'Public Folders' etc). I'm not seeing this on any other Outlook 2007 (not AppSense) users' machines / environments.
3) Users' will logon and not receive any Citrix Session Printers, despite the related services having no issues and other users who have logged in around the same time have all printers mapped perfectly! Usually a logout / login resolves this.
4) Some users will be working fine within Outlook but will then randomly throughout the day have email 'stuck' in their Outboxes, which won't send. The error shown by 'send and receive' is shown below:-

Task 'username@alanboswell.com - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x8007000E) : 'Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again'

When this issue occurs, I always immedately check the server itself and the resources are absolutely fine - no issues at all (loads of free cpu, memory, page file capacity and no high disk activity).

I've tried re-creating their personalization profiles but to no avail.

We've found this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/911084
- Which prehaps is related to some of the issue however non of the fixes work (recreating profiles etc).

If anyone has any ideas or can see something I've missed then I'd be extremely grateful of some help.

Thanks in advance.

Luke