Options

Meeting tomorrow

124»

Comments

• Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I predict the same
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Got another call today. They have contacted my references and wanted my social so they can do a background check. One of my references told me he had spoken to them earlier today. I left it off my application for the position.

Better sign?!?
  • Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    i'm crossing my fingers and getting excited for you.
    WIP: IPS exam
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    knwminus wrote: »
    Got another call today. They have contacted my references and wanted my social so they can do a background check. One of my references told me he had spoken to them earlier today. I left it off my application for the position.

Better sign?!?

Be ready for an offer. You're at the stage where you are pretty much a final candidate. Unless you're a felon, there is no reason why you won't get the offer at this point. (Background checks cost money...no one will spend it if that weren't the case.)

You should be hearing back from them at the earliest Tuesday-Wednesday. At the latest the following Monday, and it will most likely be the HR folks who call you back where you can then accept or refuse the salary.

My question is, are you happy with the posted salary, or will you get into some Chris Sabian-style negotiating? LMAO...[I like that movie... :) ]
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Really good sign there down to doing b/g check. Unless you got caught hacking into your schools computer or something..lol
    Perhaps this one's it.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    I am not a felon although I do have a few speeding tickets.
    I told them my salary range and they were cool with it. The posting was quite literally the exact direction I want to take my career in. I would have to get very, very good with linux very quickly (which is fine). I really like the attitude of the people there but I know I would need to step my game up to the next level (which is also fine).

I hope it comes through because I basically turned down a job for this......
  • Options
    phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Better sign?!?

A very good sign. Best of luck.
  • Options
    SelfmadeSelfmade Member Posts: 268
    i look forward to hearing you claim victory sometime next week
    It's not important to add reptutation points to others, but to be nice and spread good karma everywhere you go.
  • Options
    I have my beer mug ready for when you do claim victory.

BTW, I never meant to imply (or ever thought) you were a felon. Just pointing out that barring that, there would be no reason for you to get denied the job if references were called and they're performing the check.

At this point, it's just a waiting game for you. If you don't hear anything by next Monday, that next Tuesday would be appropriate for a follow-up phone call. (Or that Wednesday at the latest). Sounds like they're blazing through though.

Just seriously, really try not to worry about it. You don't want to be stressed out and then they finally call you. LOL.
  • Options
    erpadmin wrote: »
    I have my beer mug ready for when you do claim victory.

BTW, I never meant to imply (or ever thought) you were a felon. Just pointing out that barring that, there would be no reason for you to get denied the job if references were called and they're performing the check.

At this point, it's just a waiting game for you. If you don't hear anything by next Monday, that next Tuesday would be appropriate for a follow-up phone call. (Or that Wednesday at the latest). Sounds like they're blazing through though.

Just seriously, really try not to worry about it. You don't want to be stressed out and then they finally call you. LOL.

Oh I didn't think you were implying anything like that icon_thumright.gif I was simply just stating the facts. I have never committed that level of crime. If speeding was a felony though, my god i would have 8-10 life sentences by now lol. But I haven't been caught that much. At any rate I am going to look at some apartments close to my job (and hopefully jobs) today.
  • Options
    I just spoke with the CTO. As soon as the background check comes back they will give me an offer. Honestly it doesn't matter if it is later this week or early next week since I am in the middle of finals. I would like to start on the week of the 14th or so which is what I told them. The issue was that I gave the my first name/lastname but on my SSN card it actually has my First name, second name, third name, last name (no I am not Spanish conquistador but that would be cool). I cleared that up with them (because despite my unusual name there are actually a few people out there who have the same name I do) and hopefully we can move on this soon.
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Glad to hear the update man! GL on finals and keep us posted :D
  • Options
    Let us know

• Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats. Let us know what happens.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Your close. You will be working by the middle of June :)
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • Options
    thenjduke wrote: »
    Your close. You will be working by the middle of June :)

Closer than you think.

I got the job! Unofficial offer was made to me over the phone about 30 minutes ago. Official offer should be emailed to me when the CTO gets back from lunch. I am actually getting the top of my range that I gave them, plus benefits, plus a sexy title (Network Security Admin). I want to start in the middle of June so this works perfectly. I guess I am going to have to hit up the Linux+/LPIC forums like crazy over the next few months. I am excited icon_cheers.gif

If you are more down this way I would say we could do some labbing. I'll build my SQL and SharePoint systems and you break into them. Could be fun!

I thought you lived in Norwood for some reason....

I guess I am going to have to learn more about Windows/Network Pen testing to make this happen :)
  • Options
    Closer than you think.

I got the job! Unofficial offer was made to me over the phone about 30 minutes ago. Official offer should be emailed to me when the CTO gets back from lunch. I am actually getting the top of my range that I gave them, plus benefits, plus a sexy title (Network Security Admin). I want to start in the middle of June so this works perfectly. I guess I am going to have to hit up the Linux+/LPIC forums like crazy over the next few months. I am excited icon_cheers.gif

I guess I am going to have to learn more about Windows/Network Pen testing to make this happen :)

Congrats!! Give us an update after your first week!
  • Options
    Will do. Just got the official offer letter. I accepted. I will start June 14th. Between now and then icon_study.gifing linux/cisco like crazy
  • Options
    Will do. Just got the official offer letter. I accepted. I will start June 14th. Between now and then icon_study.gifing linux/cisco like crazy

Post up the job description if you can.
  • Options
    nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    so happy for you! congrats.
    WIP: IPS exam
  • Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991

congrats buddy icon_smile.gif so no change to the study habits then lol
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    great job. This has been an interesting thread and I'm pleased at the result.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • Options

What did I tell you? The first beer of the day will be in your honor! :D (+/- a day...and that's because this week was a short week.)

Congrats, brother!
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats, it's been fun following you on this journey.
    Wishing all the best for you in this new job.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    Congrats. I remember when the old company layed off the day that you passed ccna:s. Now you are much better

• Options
    congrats buddy icon_smile.gif so no change to the study habits then lol

Well yes and no. I am going to need to pickup some scripting skills (perl) as well. I also need to learn the ins and outs of several FOSS products as well as the basics of Windows and Vmware admin work. Oh yea, did I mention the phone system icon_eek.gif

So needless to say the next few months I will probably be a even bigger leecher for knowledge than I have been icon_lol.gif

Thanks guys!
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Well yes and no. I am going to need to pickup some scripting skills (perl) as well. I also need to learn the ins and outs of several FOSS products as well as the basics of Windows and Vmware admin work. Oh yea, did I mention the phone system icon_eek.gif

So needless to say the next few months I will probably be a bigger leacher for knowledge than I have been icon_lol.gif

Thanks guys!

Congratulations on this offer. From the looks of your blog you seemed pretty down and frustrated about the recruiting situation just a few weeks ago. This is a good opportunity for you (I have just started a new job myself). Knuckle down, work hard and try your best to mix well with the new folks, but also be careful to go with the flow, take a breather and dont overcook! It can take time to adjust to a new job and settle in and sometimes your peers appreciate that more than they let on!

Good luck!
  • Options
    thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I am so happy to hear you got it. I can tell you one thing leech off us we are willing to help :)
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Paul Boz wrote: »
    great job. This has been an interesting thread and I'm pleased at the result.

We are pleased to see that you have implemented employment.

Oh, sorry. I'm in the middle of writing an audit report icon_redface.gif

Congrats buddy!
  • Options
    stlsmoorestlsmoore Member Posts: 515 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats man, we both start our new gigs on the same day :)
    My Cisco Blog Adventure: http://shawnmoorecisco.blogspot.com/

Don't Forget to Add me on LinkedIn!
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/shawnrmoore