Cisco NDA

bbaucombbaucom Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys... Just found the forum!

I took the ICND2 about a week ago and that's how I found this thread. I was very confident up until about mid-way through the test. There was an OSPF simulator question which I felt I was prepared for. I did a few OSPF labs and know it pretty well.

After spending 12 minutes on it, and still not being able to ping anything despite making the only corrections I saw that needed attention ( one router had a mis-matched ospf area number ) I saw the timer @ 12 minutes !!!

There was only about 20 minutes remaining on the test and 20+ questions left. Needless to say, I was no longer calm. I rushed through the remainder of the test and fell about 50 points short of passing.

A couple concerns I have here... On my registration documentation the exam is listed as 90 minutes, but it was only 75 minutes. One of the first questions I had was either a trick question or a typo. They had 2 computers next to eachother w\ the same IP address and that was not listed as an answer option to why you couldn't ping.

Also, I'm curious about the sample questions. Before the exam they have that message saying that they may include questions which are for testing purposes and do not actually count toward the exam. But they're timed? what if one of those questions ate up my time... and then doesn't count toward my point total?

Comments

• alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    bbaucom, I think you may be giving too many details about the exam questions.

And as far as your question goes, according to the Cisco website, its 75 minutes for ICND2. Look Here
    Exams may contain non-scored items to collect performance data on new items. Non-scored items are not used in determining the passing score nor are reported in a subsection of the score report. All non-scored items are randomly placed in the exam with sufficient time calculated and given to complete the entire exam.
    So everyone probably gets them but the total time takes them into account. If you spent too long on any question (graded or not), then unfortunately thats on you. On the bright side, you have a better idea now about time management when you try again.
  • bbaucombbaucom Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the response.

I'm going to retake the test in 2-3 weeks and just keep a steady pace.

I don't think I gave away anything really... w\ OSPF troubleshooting, one of the top things I was expecting to look for was an area mis match.
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good luck! Now you know what to expect and what areas you need to brush up on. I'm sure you'll do much better next time.

And I forgot, here is where I saw that the time was 75 minutes.