Options

Master list of B&M colleges offering online IT degrees

Comments

• Options
    ProFamousProFamous Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Not sure if it has been mentioned, but University of Cincinnati does have an online IT degree. 5 years to finish. Also, there is an accelerated IT-MBA 5 year program. Not sure how this college was missed, it is one of the few that is accredited. Also note the top 10 co-op program included.
  • Options
    jamesenglishjamesenglish Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What would you recommend for Dallas students? My fiance is looking for a degree in IT/Computer Science. University of Texas at Arlington seems reasonable but I'd like to know more options.
  • Options
    okragnokragn Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How many universities are out there that can/will transfer in an AAS as a 60-credit block towards a BS in CIS/IT? As far as I can tell it's only Bellevue and WGU that will do this.
  • Options
    SwoffSwoff Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've been looking here myself. Looks to be a few online IT options for and undergrad.
    So far, this is one of the top possibilities for me after I complete my AS in about a year.
    Looks to be very budget friendly.

Bachelor's Degrees - Fort Hays State University
  • Options
    bubble2005bubble2005 Member Posts: 210 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just remember the purpose of why you're getting a degree and not only where you are getting it from.

For example, I've seen one of my friends land a job in Silicon Valley from a Tier 4 college in Florida and a next friend rejected that same job from Harvard. Go figure.
    Think Big Stay Focus: In the midst of all situations, think positive.:thumbup:
  • Options
    dmoore44dmoore44 Member Posts: 646
    Here are a few more to add to the list:

Syracuse University Online Graduate Engineering Programs
    Three 30 credit hour programs to choose from: Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, and Computer Science
    $1,388 per credit hour

Bachelor of Professional Studies at University College of Syracuse Univerity
    Graduated Carnegie Mellon University MSIT: Information Security & Assurance Currently Reading Books on TensorFlow
  • Options
    Also, here's another useful tool for helping to choose a program: Online Graduate Programs | GoGrad.org
    Graduated Carnegie Mellon University MSIT: Information Security & Assurance Currently Reading Books on TensorFlow
  • Options
    kenrinkenrin Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You know, I understand that NC state would be high up there rather than ECU. But seriously, two colleges in Greensboro ? Most all the of the ECU program comes from NC state >.<
  • Options
    tsimmnstsimmns Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Does anyone have any feedback on the degree from AMU? Looking to finish up a Bachelors in Manaement from Thomas Edison State College then a BS from somewhere. Will be using my GI bill, but problem is Grades from a past B&M school are on the verge of 2.0. I'm wondering
    If there is even going to be a chance of me getting into a Masters Program, especially since I will have mostly Cleps out of Thomas Edison State College.
  • Options
    rott9rott9 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Great list, does anyone have experience with Drexel? The curriculum looks pretty good for the security path.
  • Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    @tsimmns...have you thought about WGU? Talk to an admissions counselor. You might be able to transfer a reasonable number of credits over, you can get their BS in IT and, if you still have G.I. Bill money available, take their MSISA. Just a thought.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    RemedympRemedymp Member Posts: 834 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I believe FIU has a Network Security program as well here.
  • Options
    historian1974historian1974 Member Posts: 59 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just finished an MS in Technology Management from Columbia University. It is online, but does require five short residencies over the sixteen months of the program. It is a cohort based program and the workload can be brutal at times. Given that it's Columbia, it is rather pricey. Overall though, it was a very enriching experience - I met some very smart and good people, excellent networking opportunities, and the ability to leverage the Columbia brand.

Technology Management | Columbia University School of Professional Studies
  • Options
    joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    SNU looks to offer their BS in Network Management online now. I took it many moons ago as a B&M degree, but it's certainly worth a look. Unlikely to be cheap (wasn't when I was there) but does give people another option.

Online Bachelors Programs
  • Options
    YesOffenseYesOffense Member Posts: 83 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just finished an MS in Technology Management from Columbia University. It is mostly online, but does require five short residencies over the sixteen months of the program. It is a cohort based program and the workload can be brutal at times. Given that it's Columbia, it is rather pricey. Overall though, it was a very enriching experience - I met some very smart and good people, excellent networking opportunities, and the ability to leverage the Columbia brand.

Technology Management | Columbia University School of Professional Studies

Looks intense and expensive, were you already in a leadership role? what was your total cost if you don't mind me asking?
  • Options
    historian1974historian1974 Member Posts: 59 ■■■□□□□□□□
    YesOffense wrote: »
    Looks intense and expensive, were you already in a leadership role? what was your total cost if you don't mind me asking?

I am in a leadership role, but not at the executive level. The cohorts are made up of individuals at all career levels. Total cost for tuition is about $70k and an additional $5-6k or so for travel to NY. The cost for travel depends on your proximity to NY of course. The program used to require one weekend a month in addition to the residencies, but eliminated that requirement beginning with my cohort. If that was still a requirement, I wouldn't have been able to do the program since I am not close to NY.
  • Options
    YesOffenseYesOffense Member Posts: 83 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am in a leadership role, but not at the executive level. The cohorts are made up of individuals at all career levels. Total cost for tuition is about $70k and an additional $5-6k or so for travel to NY. The cost for travel depends on your proximity to NY of course. The program used to require one weekend a month in addition to the residencies, but eliminated that requirement beginning with my cohort. If that was still a requirement, I wouldn't have been able to do the program since I am not close to NY.

Thanks, sounds excellent though. Knowledge plus real world mentorship.
  • Options
    testing010101testing010101 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Is the main thread still being updated?

Anyways,

Champlain College offers an MS in Digital Forensic Science and an MS in Information Security Operations.
  • Options
    mo225mo225 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    southern university offers a computer science program
  • Options
    Great news! University of Maryland College Park has finally put their Masters of Engineering in Cybersecurity online!

Here's the actual link for the program of study: https://advancedengineering.umd.edu/programs/cybersecurity/masters/courses
    No GRE requirements

Tuition breakdown:

Tuition:
    $1,066.00 per credit hour + 66.00 for technology fee

(Tuition x Credit Hours + Technology fee)
    One course - $1066.00 x 3+66.00 = $3,264.00

Two courses - $1066.00 x 6+66.00 = $6,462.00

Three courses - $1066.00 x 9+132.00 = $9,726.00

• Options
    Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    dmoore44 wrote: »
    Great news! University of Maryland College Park has finally put their Masters of Engineering in Cybersecurity online!

Here's the actual link for the program of study: https://advancedengineering.umd.edu/programs/cybersecurity/masters/courses
    No GRE requirements

Tuition breakdown:

Tuition:
    $1,066.00 per credit hour + 66.00 for technology fee

(Tuition x Credit Hours + Technology fee)
    One course - $1066.00 x 3+66.00 = $3,264.00

Two courses - $1066.00 x 6+66.00 = $6,462.00

Three courses - $1066.00 x 9+132.00 = $9,726.00

Thats Awesome! you need a BS in Eng to get in. ooooor a BS, 3.0gpa, and at least a Sec+.

Not bad at all!
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • Options
    nikgeniusnikgenius Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Has anyone explored Champlain College's Online Master of Science in Information Security Operations? Debating between Norwich University's MSISA and Champlain College MSISO.

If you are already studying at Champlain college in MSISO program, I would appreciate if you could share your experience regarding the courses and program in general.
  • Options
    Are you already studying at Champlain college in MSISO program, I would appreciate if you could share your experience regarding the courses and program in general.
  • Options
    Has anyone explored Champlain College's Online Master of Science in Information Security Operations? Debating between Norwich University's MSISA and Champlain College MSISO. Which would would you pick and why?
  • Options
  • Options
    I know that Excelsior offers a MS in Cyber, but I've never looked closely at it, nor do I know anyone who has gone through the program.

Truthfully, the only reason I'm aware of the program is because of Excelsior's National Cybersecurity Institute and the journal they publish. The journal usually has some really interesting information - I definitely recommend checking it out.
  • Options
    I just wanted to update the BU Information Security Graduate degree online: If you have a CISSP, CISA or CISM, they are willing to wave a class provided that you show proof of success.

Also, if you have work experience, depending on your role and tenure in position, they're willing to wave a class as well.

This is great news IMHO.
  • Options
    PC_Load_LetterPC_Load_Letter Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I applied to Excelsior College and was accepted but I did not start. I have really heard nothing about it in regards to actual experience. It looks very good but is it reputable? So many unanswered questions however they are a NSA DHS school.
  • Options
    Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Looking at the pricing for DSU the OP can use an update. Pasting current material below
    [h=3]2016-2017 Distance and Online Class Costs[/h] [h=4]Undergraduate[/h] Online: $333.35 per credit hour
    Online non-resident computer science: $458.10 per credit hour
    Undergraduate non-resident computer science rate of $458.10 per credit hour is charged for 100-400 level courses with a CSC prefix. This includes tuition of $333.35 and a delivery fee of $124.75.
    University Center - Sioux Falls: $333.35 per credit hour
    University Center - Sioux Falls State of SD Employees: $216.95 per credit hour
    High School Dual Credit Courses: $40.00 per credit hour
    [h=4]Graduate[/h] Online: $442.05 per credit hour
    University Center - Sioux Falls: $442.05 per credit hour
    University Center - Sioux Falls for State of SD Employees: $289.75 per credit hour