Errors before 7906 registers

chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
I am very curious. I was labbing today and before my second 7906 fully registered, it gave these errors twice.
*Mar  1 01:05:49.859: %IPPHONE-6-REG_ALARM: 14: Name=SEP003018A7ECE1 Load= 2.1.3.0 Last=CM-closed-TCP
*Mar  1 01:05:49.867: %IPPHONE-6-UNREGISTER_ABNORMAL: ephone-1:SEP003018A7ECE1 IP:192.168.1.102 Socket:3 DeviceType:Phone has unregistered abnormally.
*Mar  1 01:05:49.867: %IPPHONE-6-REGISTER: ephone-1:SEP003018A7ECE1 IP:192.168.1.102 Socket:2 DeviceType:Phone has registered.

And when it was at the firmware download screen, it came up with 'error' a few times. I have another 7906 that didn't have any of these problems. Any idea?
Currently Pursuing
WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
mikej412 wrote:
Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.

Comments

• laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    %IPPHONE-6-REGISTER_NORMAL

The following message indicates that a phone has registered and is not part of the explicit router configuration—ephone configuration has not been created:

%IPPHONE-6-REGISTER_NEW: ephone-3:SEP003094C38724 IP:1.4.170.6 Socket:1 DeviceType:Phone
    has registered.

Cisco CallManager Express allows unconfigured phones to register in order to make provisioning of the Cisco CallManager Express system more convenient. By default, phones designated as "new" are not assigned phone lines and cannot make calls.

More info from here :-
    Cisco CallManager Express Security Guide to Best Practices [Secure Unified Communications] - Cisco Systems
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    %IPPHONE-6-REGISTER_NORMAL

The following message indicates that a phone has registered and is not part of the explicit router configuration—ephone configuration has not been created:

%IPPHONE-6-REGISTER_NEW: ephone-3:SEP003094C38724 IP:1.4.170.6 Socket:1 DeviceType:Phone
    has registered.

Cisco CallManager Express allows unconfigured phones to register in order to make provisioning of the Cisco CallManager Express system more convenient. By default, phones designated as "new" are not assigned phone lines and cannot make calls.

More info from here :-
    Cisco CallManager Express Security Guide to Best Practices [Secure Unified Communications] - Cisco Systems

Right but I had auto assign configured. I guess I meant only the first two:

*Mar 1 01:05:49.859: %IPPHONE-6-REG_ALARM: 14: Name=SEP003018A7ECE1 Load= 2.1.3.0 Last=CM-closed-TCP
    *Mar 1 01:05:49.867: %IPPHONE-6-UNREGISTER_ABNORMAL: ephone-1:SEP003018A7ECE1 IP:192.168.1.102 Socket:3 DeviceType:Phone has unregistered abnormally.

REG_ALARM and UNREGISTER_ABNORMAL don't sound nice. But it eventually registered correctly.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think I was having a similar problem when I was plugging and unplugging my phone. I wanted to see the messages that were generated and I received those exact same messages. If you perform a "restart" on that particular phone it should work just fine, but if you shut that port you'll probably be able to regenerate that message... I could be wrong. I hope this helps.

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    The CME is losing timeouts to the phone, probably due to high cpu on the router during the download.
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)