CCNA Cert.

Burton13Burton13 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
So I've been considering taking steps towards completing the CCNA exam and have decided I'll take classes rather than just study on my own.

The local community college where I'm from has a "study course" titled "Cisco Certified Network Administrator Discovery Certificate"...

Anyways I was just wondering if anyone had ever taken part/heard of this type of thing and whether it would be sufficient enough for me to take the exam.

Attached courses

I appreciate it...

Comments

• chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Those classes seem to be good classes to take as an introduction to CCNA material. You should be well briefed in each area by the time you are done. However, you will always have to study at home some and run through some practice tests. There is no way around it.

Cisco Networking Academy has a CCNA Exploration class, which I took. You should consider adding that to your agenda. It allows you to get used to the Cisco way of things, right from the horses mouth.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • brianglbriangl Member Posts: 184 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Did Cisco Net Acad semesters 1-4 at a community college and loved it. Great program, very thorough, great teacher and well equipped lab.
  • ReibeReibe Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I went through a votech Cisco Net academy the year before it started to do the explore/discovery stuff (which I'm still not sure if I like the way they did that), so I can't say how well the discovery or exploration is, but my class had a well equipped lab, great teacher, and excellent classmates to learn with. It was definately worth while for me.

Depending on how you feel with the material, you may want to consider other options for studying after class such as packet tracer, GNS3, or real equipment.

Word of advice: the best time to take the exam is right after the classes are done. I put mine off about 6-7 months after class ended before taking my CCNA, I don't suggest doing that if you can avoid it.