Options

few questions...

amanda18amanda18 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well guys i have some questions(some of which might apper silly to you as am kind of novice). I will be thankful if you answer to it.......

1) if we take out the hard disk of one computer and put it into another PC then will it work normally with all its data or one has to format it?

2) Can a user log on from a different domain in the forest/tree?

3) I read that to restore system state data to a Domain Controller we must restore in directory service mode.But which mode should one enter to restore system state data to a server which is not a DC?is it okay to enter just the safe mode?

4) suppose a user belongs to two different groups,in one group it is provided special permission-READ and in another group general permission -READ AND EXECUTE then what would be the effective permission for the user.
5) if a user is set general permission-read and special permission - read and execute in the same group then what would be its effective permission for the group?

6) if a user is set "read and execute- allow" and "read-deny" in two different groups then which one would be effective?and what if these permissions are applied within same user account?

7)If I clear the check box next to "allow users to connect directory to your computer" from system properties but "enable" remote login option from the services mmc then which one will be applicable

icon_cool.gif Suppose ther is a pc with 160GB hard disk with c,d,e,f four drives n windows XP is installed in c drive.well if we set "boot from CD" in the BIOS modde and then insert Win server 2003 CD then will it upgrade win XP to win server 03, or it gets installed into the next drive i.e D drive or one has the option to choose any of the drives??

I know for some of the questions you might suggest me to check by myself but somehow icon_redface.gifmy laptop get stolen icon_cry.gif

Comments

• Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    1. If the second computer is identical or at least similar hardware you might get by. It would be similar to deploying an image. If different machines, you will likely get an error on boot.

2. Not sure what your asking.

3. Directory service is esentially the same thing as safe mode.

4. Read and execute, you will always take the most of what you are given. Unless one is a deny. Deny always overrides permission.

5. Seems the same as number 4.

6. Deny always overrides permission. Denying full control will provide no access to a folder/file regardless of other permissions. (Unless you are an admin or the owner, in which case you can just change the permissions.) From what I see deny is used very limitedly.

7. Just a guess here, but I would think allowing it in the mmc would check the box. Test it.

8. During installation you can choose where to install. If you pick C:, say goodbye to xp.

Disclaimer: I have also just begun studying for this exam. My answers come from prior experiences and from passing the 70-270.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    amanda18 wrote: »
    I know for some of the questions you might suggest me to check by myself but somehow icon_redface.gifmy laptop get stolen icon_cry.gif
    How are you on here then?
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    thanks davilsbane ...nice to know u r preparing for the same exam
  • Options
    earweed wrote: »
    How are you on here then?

From a cyber cafe..
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If anyone else is working on this exam and wants a study buddy, send me an email. We can chat on msn about various things. Send me a pm.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    For question number 1 you shouldn't have a problem except for with the OS being on a new machine, it may need to be activated, and I mean the over the phone wait on hold activation. Also the new machine would have to meet the requirements for the OS. If you're adding it as an additional HD to a machine with an OS already on it and just wondering about data then it'll depend on the OS on your machine.
    I recently put a HD from a comp which was running XP (MOBO was fried) as a replacement HD and the original HD was windows 95 and it worked fine
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.