Options

Passed 70-620

AJJ28AJJ28 Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
The test wasn't that hard. I had never seen the simulations before but they weren't too difficult. For the life of me I could not remember where to configure the UAC actions so I went down on that.

I just used the Microsoft Prepkit.

Has the MCITP replaced the MCSE/MCSA? Is 70-622 the right step next if I want an MCITP in Enterprise and Client Services? Anyone have a good website that explains all this.

Good luck to all those who are preparing for their tests.

Comments

• Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats :)
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the new cert. Go to the microsoft website for an explanation. You'll have access to the MCP website as soon as your MS transcript is updated, that's where you'll find explanations about what the difference between MCSE/MCP?MCTS/MCITP are.
    For your UAC settings control panel>admin tools>local sec policy>security policy>local policy>security options> scan down to what needs to be changed.
    I didn't have such good luck with the test, actually had a lot on my mind the first time, had to retake and scored in high 800's second time.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If I haven't begun studying for this test, is there any reason to start? Or should I just go to 7?
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I personally think a lot of the XP shops will skip Vista and go to 7 (there are still a lot of XP users out there) It's pretty much up to you. The Vista client test,I've been hearing, is much easier than the 7 exam. Both Vista and the Windows 7 exam count towards your client protion of the MCITP:SA/EA.
    I had started studying for the 7 exam myself but I'm sidetracked by trying to get my MCITP but have found some of the 7 material relevant to my studies so I've still got my Windows 7 MS Press book handy, the Vista book has been gathering dust since the exam.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    MCITP Certification:
    Microsoft Learning: Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP)

I think if you take this path if you want to certify under the 2008 server type OS or Win 7.
  • Options
    ziggi138ziggi138 Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The Vista exam was by far the easiest exam i have ever taken. The bad thing is that i havent touched Vista since i got the certification.