Options

Thank You --- Passed

doncj23doncj23 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
:)

I took the Security+ exam today and passed with an 804 score (first time).

I would like to thank this forum and its participants for providing both hints and encouragement to pass this exam. Just browsing the message forum has been a great help and I would not exaggerate to say it was a deciding factor for helping me pass on the first try. For all of you who took the time to contribute to the forum, and to the moderators and test question creators - my heartfelt thanks.

For a study guide, I used the All in One for Security+. The guide is inadequate in that in completely omits some popular test subjects while going into too much detail on other items. If I depended on this one source solely, I probably would not have passed. Thank God I had the Sybex CISSP book to help me through!

In retrospect, I can understand the recommendation to use many sources because you might be missing important test topics if you don’t. When taking the exam, the questions I had trouble with were ones that were nowhere to be found in any of the study material I used. Even if I had memorized the entire “All in One” book, or had it in my lap when taking the exam, it would not have helped me on some of the questions.

I purchased the PrepLogic exams and found them to be helpful and actually somewhat more difficult than the real exam. They are not perfect, but if you can pass the Prelogic exams on a first try, you are probably ready for the actual test.

I hope information helps…Good luck!

ChrisR

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats icon_thumright.gif
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats on the new cert!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    princess4peaceprincess4peace Member Posts: 286
    Congratz :D . however, i would like to have suggestion on the use of sybex security+ study guide for preparing for the security+ exam. Is it, with this site technotes really enough? icon_confused.gif
    Knowledge is life
  • Options
    Sulblk27Sulblk27 Member Posts: 148
    Congrats on the pass....I'm getting a little nervous in prep for this exam....I have the security+ (All-in-one-G white) along with three other books (exam cram 2- included) with tcat pdf (small one)...What direction should a person look for the info that wasn't in any study guide? Thanks
    Someone asked me when will my studying be over......
  • Options
    doncj23doncj23 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    :D

For those of you who asked about study guides...

As mentioned, the Security+ All in One book was NOT adequate. It left out a lot. I actually found myself using the Sybex for the CISSP (not Security+). So, I can't comment on the Sybex for Security+. I used a lot of Internet resources from many different sources. The study guide on this forum and practise tests helped. The Cram Session study guide was not much of a help.

Hope this helps.

ChrisR
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congratulations!

I too found that a CISSP guide is very useful for preparing for Sec+.
  • Options
    Sulblk27Sulblk27 Member Posts: 148
    Thanks for the feedback webmaster and doncj23....I'm more worried now than I was before icon_eek.gif ...but I guess the way I figure it, I'll use everything my greedy little hands can grab (EXCEPTION: brainwipes. icon_evil.gif...sorry ****). Either way I look at it, if I don't make it, I'll give it a go again in Jan. :D ...NOT that I have the money to do so, but either I pass or I don't- but I have gained so much information I don't believe I'll mind taking it again, this info(security) is FUN/exciting and a bag of chips....... :P....lol, again, gentlemen...thanks....I may get the cissp download....(it's a litle cheaper than T-cat's right now) icon_rolleyes.gif
    Someone asked me when will my studying be over......