Options

Cucme 4.3

peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
TE,

I'm currently running a voice IOS: c2600-ipvoicek9-mz.124-15.T7.bin on my router... The voice IOS is running CME 4.1. I'm wanting to upgrade to CME 4.3. When I run the "archive tar /xtract tftp://1.1.1.1/cme-basic-4.3.0.0.tar flash:" The command runs successfully, but upon completion, the "show telephony-service" still shows version 4.1. Should I install an IP based IOS and load the new CME version on top of that? Any ideas? Thanks.

-Peanut
We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker

Comments

• Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    TE,

I'm currently running a voice IOS: c2600-ipvoicek9-mz.124-15.T7.bin on my router... The voice IOS is running CME 4.1. I'm wanting to upgrade to CME 4.3. When I run the "archive tar /xtract tftp://1.1.1.1/cme-basic-4.3.0.0.tar flash:" The command runs successfully, but upon completion, the "show telephony-service" still shows version 4.1. Should I install an IP based IOS and load the new CME version on top of that? Any ideas? Thanks.

-Peanut

I could be wrong, but I think that CME is built into the router image and IOS. The packages that you tftp to your flash: directory are to support the corresponding CME that your router has.

In your case, you would want 4.1 files.

Like I said, I could be wrong.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • Options
    brocbroc Member Posts: 167
    You won't be able to install 4.3 on a 2600. You can go up to 4.2 on a 2600xm if I remember well.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.”
  • Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks!!

After looking at it... the files are only being extracted to the flash and not installing anything. So, I'll upgrade my IOS to the latest ipvoice and go from there. Thanks again.

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hi,

I'd have to agree with broc, unfortunately the 1700, 2600xm and 3700 series are limited to CME v4.1 under the 12.4T IOS series. That being said, there are a couple of 'special' IOS versions (X or W types) that will allow CME v4.2.

However, I think I've heard of people extracting the TAR file for CME v7.0 onto a 2600xm series. But as the IOS only supports v4.1, you roll the dice, you take your chances.:D

Cheers,
    Dave
  • Options
    azaghul wrote: »
    Hi,However, I think I've heard of people extracting the TAR file for CME v7.0 onto a 2600xm series. But as the IOS only supports v4.1, you roll the dice, you take your chances.:D

That's interesting, can you elaborate on that please? I have a couple of 2651xm with 256Mb of memory, I never thought of trying to load 7.0 on it. Are you saying that it loads normally? That's for my personal lab so I don't care "much" about stability but if it could save me investing too much in replacing them by ISR, that would be great!

Do you know which IOS you need for that? I'm going to give it a try this weekend :)
    "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.”
  • Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    broc wrote: »
    Do you know which IOS you need for that? I'm going to give it a try this weekend :)

let us know how you get on Broc, it could be an interesting way of doing things.
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    let us know how you get on Broc, it could be an interesting way of doing things.

It sure would be, it would save me quite a bit of money and mean that I have almost everything I need for a CCIE Voice lab :)

I'll let you know how I get on, I bet it would makes loads of people happy if it works, 2600xm are a lot cheaper than ISRs!!
  • Options
    FatbunnyFatbunny Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Its the IOS that holds the CME version, like chmorin said, the tar file holds supplemental files to support the CME installed. I'm sure that you might get some of the v7.0 features to work but I doubt all will.
  • Options
    azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
    OK, just checked where I heard it. The guy that runs VoiceBootCamp in the opening CUCME video says he's installing CUCME v7 on a 2611, doesn't say XM but it would have to be. Unfortunately we never see an IOS version.

I think the latest 2600xm series IOS is v12.4-15.T13
  • Options
    I though 4.x equated to 7.x, it was just a change of name.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
  • Options
    chmorin wrote: »

No there were big changes from 4.x to 6.x namely the underling infrastructure. The jump from 6.x to 7.x was the unification of the name\numbers across the board witha few minor changes.
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    azaghul wrote: »
    OK, just checked where I heard it. The guy that runs VoiceBootCamp in the opening CUCME video says he's installing CUCME v7 on a 2611, doesn't say XM but it would have to be. Unfortunately we never see an IOS version.

I think the latest 2600xm series IOS is v12.4-15.T13

Thanks, I think that's the IOS I've got on those 2651xm, I'll give it a try and let you know how it went!

chmorin wrote:

Yep you're right, CME4.3 = CUCME 7.
    No there were big changes from 4.x to 6.x namely the underling infrastructure. The jump from 6.x to 7.x was the unification of the name\numbers across the board witha few minor changes.

You are thinking about the full CUCM there not CUCME :)
  • Options
    broc wrote: »
    You are thinking about the full CUCM there not CUCME :)

doh! yep your right... lol
  • Options
    Okay I just wanted to check. Dang cisco and its uniformed un-uniformity.
    Currently Pursuing
    mikej412 wrote: