Options

BCMSN - Passed!

ConstantlyLearningConstantlyLearning Member Posts: 445
Passed the exam this morning. Got 871.

My advice would be to prepare for every topic, especially the main ones like HSRP, STP, Etherchannel etc. Just know everything, identify your weak areas and focus on them for a while. Basic advice for every exam really.

Lab everything if you can and make your own more complicated labs.

Cheers.
"There are 3 types of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't"

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    notgoing2failnotgoing2fail Member Posts: 1,138
    Congrats!!!

Wish there were more traffic here on the CCNP forum, seems like most of it though is at CCNA.....
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Wish there were more traffic here on the CCNP forum, seems like most of it though is at CCNA.....
    Most people going for the CCNP already have extensive IT, Networking, and Cisco experience -- and have figured out how the Cisco Documentation works.

And since they've already been through the CCNA Gauntlet, they need less hand holding and moral support. :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    ConstantlyLearningConstantlyLearning Member Posts: 445
    Oh, and how do you know you've moved up a level in cisco exams? When you're the only one in the exam room making noise by hammering away at the keyboard! :)
    "There are 3 types of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't"
  • Options
    notgoing2failnotgoing2fail Member Posts: 1,138
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Most people going for the CCNP already have extensive IT, Networking, and Cisco experience -- and have figured out how the Cisco Documentation works.

And since they've already been through the CCNA Gauntlet, they need less hand holding and moral support. :D

I expect to be here forever. icon_mrgreen.gif

Whether to ask questions or provide help....

But what you said does sound logical, I too have started reading Cisco documentation, although dry, they are a wealth of resource..

It almost seems like natural process of cisco evolution...
  • Options
    jeanathanjeanathan Member Posts: 163
    only one in the exam room making noise by hammering away at the keyboard!

So true all the CompTIA/MS people are clicking there way through some multiple choice while you are configuring a production router :) Always a nice feeling.

Congratulations on the pass and best of luck on the next exam :D
    Struggling through the re-certification process after 2 years of no OJT for the CCNP.
  • Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Oh, and how do you know you've moved up a level in cisco exams? When you're the only one in the exam room making noise by hammering away at the keyboard! :)

Its funny you say that... a few weeks ago, I passed my CCNA Security... a buddy of mine was taking the BSCI or BCMSN (I can't remember). But man, he was "murdering" the keyboard and I would every and then have to configure something! It seemed like he pounded on the keyboard the entire time. When we were done, I asked him how he did... he was like... "Wasn't too bad, you really have to know your stuff"! I just smiled thinking to myself... you were abusing the keyboard, how is that not bad! LOL!!! bowing.gifbowing.gif

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    NuulNuul Member Posts: 158
    Congrats man icon_cheers.gif
    how do you know you've moved up a level in cisco exams? When you're the only one in the exam room making noise by hammering away at the keyboard! :)

Haha I love it! I've yet to notice anyone giving me a dirty look for my furious typing...then again I wouldn't because I'm so focused on bending the console window to my will icon_thumright.gif