passed snrs 643-504

semangkasemangka Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed SNRS 642-504 yesterday with 953 score, not bad....

For self-study i used the Student Guide but this is lacking in some areas compared to the exam blue print;

* IPS V5 signatures
* GET VPN
* DMVPN
* High Avail IPsec
* FPM

for these you can find numerous pdf's on cisco website, some of them very interesting...

Did watch the CBT for the old exam, i would say its not really helpful for the exam but more as a refresher and a laugh with Jeremy. ZFW is covered in 2 CBTs from the CCNA_Security exam.

When it comes to hardware, Ive got a 2611Xm for IOS FW which im using on my internet connection and a c3550 plus GNS of course.

Just got a ASA 5505 off ebay so when that arrives on with SNAF !!! Thinking of also getting a PIX 506E or 515E depending on how cheap i can source them. Good to get familiar with the old too (as there still so many around...) icon_cool.gif

Comments

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    congrats
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    semangka wrote: »
    Passed SNRS 642-504 yesterday with 953 score, not bad....

For self-study i used the Student Guide but this is lacking in some areas compared to the exam blue print;

What is the student guide? Link please...
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Passed
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    For self-study i used the Student Guide but this is lacking in some areas compared to the exam blue prin
    Are you talking about the Official Class courseware Student Guide? There are 3 volumes and the topics you mention are covered in volumes 2 & 3.
    knwminus wrote: »
    What is the student guide? Link please...
    If it's the Official Courseware you need to find someone who attended the class and either buy them lunch every work day for a month -- or take them out for a good lunch every Friday until you finish studying and return the books (and then you also get your cash deposit, car keys, and drivers license back). :D

If you work for a Business Partner, some of the official courseware (or similar material) may be available under the Partner eLearning links.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS on the pass!!! Great score!
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • semangkasemangka Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    correct, its the offical Class courseware Student Guide Volume 1, 2 and 3.

It titled 'Securing Networks with Cisco Routers and switches', Version 2.0 Published 2/6/7.
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Official courseware is the way to go with this certification I think. So attend the course or find a friend who did. Access to Cisco business partner elearning will assist too. I flirted briefly with an examforce self test last year for SNAF but the material seemed to be full of trivia and was ineffective as an intro to the technologies. I think 3rd party materials may be off the pace for exam prep or general learning. I shall be investing in a couple of Cisco Press ASA books now I have a few months of ASDM in the field under my belt!

The SNAF exam is rather hands on from what I hear.
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    So semangka, interested in selling the material :lolicon_confused.gif

I am wondering if I call cisco up will they let me buy the material....Hmmm highly unlikely but worth a shot. icon_thumright.gif
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    knwminus wrote: »
    I am wondering if I call cisco up will they let me buy the material....
    Actually you can get a free copy..... with the purchase of the official class through a Cisco Learning/Training Partner.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!