CCNA exam question

KaldanisKaldanis Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I hope someone can clear this up for me!

I know there are 4 modules in the CCNA exploration course. I have studied modules 1 and 2 and passed the exam at the end of each of them. If I study 3 and 4 and pass the exam at the end of each of them, will I then gain the CCNA certification? Or do I have to take a final CCNA exam after completing all 4 modules?

Also, does it matter if there is a 3 year gap between completing the first 2 study modules and the other 2? I read qualifications are only valid for 3 years so I'm getting worried about this.

Thank you for any help

Comments

• johnwest43johnwest43 Member Posts: 294
    you still have to pass the ccna exam or pass icnd 1 and 2.
    CCNP: ROUTE B][COLOR=#ff0000]x[/COLOR][/B , SWITCH B][COLOR=#ff0000]x[/COLOR][/B, TSHOOT [X ] Completed on 2/18/2014
  • KaldanisKaldanis Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    johnwest43 wrote: »
    you still have to pass the ccna exam or pass icnd 1 and 2.

Okay, thanks. So the time between me completing the modules doesn't matter since they're only for study purposes, all that matters is when I pass the final exam or the time between icnd 1 and 2?
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm not a Net Academy student, nor have I ever been... but I believe the final exam is just the exam for the course. I think you are still required to take the CCNA composite exam or the ICND1 and ICND2 to obtain the CCNA certification. HTH.

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm not a Net Academy student, nor have I ever been... but I believe the final exam is just the exam for the course. I think you are still required to take the CCNA composite exam or the ICND1 and ICND2 to obtain the CCNA certification. HTH.

-Peanut

Exactly. The CNA is just four classes. And like every other class, they have exams.

After you finish the 4 classes, and if you pass the finals on your first attempt, you get a voucher for the actual CCNA (your choice of ICND1/ICND2 or the Composite CCNA).
  • KaldanisKaldanis Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    alan2308 wrote: »
    Exactly. The CNA is just four classes. And like every other class, they have exams.

After you finish the 4 classes, and if you pass the finals on your first attempt, you get a voucher for the actual CCNA (your choice of ICND1/ICND2 or the Composite CCNA).

Thanks a lot! But just to make sure, does the time between completing the 4 modules matter? I did 1 and 2 in 2009, and i'll be finishing 3 and 4 most likely in 2011-12. I don't think they would matter since they're only the study modules, but I really want to make sure.
  • MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
    The exam content is the same as it was in 2008. You will be fine. Just make sure you understand the material.
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Kaldanis wrote: »
    Thanks a lot! But just to make sure, does the time between completing the 4 modules matter? I did 1 and 2 in 2009, and i'll be finishing 3 and 4 most likely in 2011-12. I don't think they would matter since they're only the study modules, but I really want to make sure.

I can't find anything on the CNA site saying for sure either way. My guess would be that it doesn't matter, but you should contact someone at your Academy site and find out before you enroll in semester 3.