Options

BCMSN scheduled

ReardenRearden Member Posts: 222
My exam is on May 26th, trying to beat the July 31st deadline.

I'd be shocked if anyone here remembers me, but college made me take a break from my studies. The exam expiring soon was what I needed to get back into things.

Wish me luck!
More systems have been wiped out by admins than any cracker could do in a lifetime.

Comments

• Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck on your exam! What materials or lab equipment have you been using?
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good Luck with the BCMSN exam icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Good luck!
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • Options
    Good luck on your exam! What materials or lab equipment have you been using?

A lot of GNS3. The multilayer stuff, I remember from my previous job.

I worked on the network at school, until I graduated last May. I'm about to move and will be looking for either a networking or a Linux sysadmin job, as I have experience with both.

I passed my CCNA a few years ago and I've been studying for the BCMSN for a long time, but school/life got in the way.
    More systems have been wiped out by admins than any cracker could do in a lifetime.
  • Options
    CyanicCyanic Member Posts: 289
    Good luck, let us know how it goes.
  • Options
    One day to go
  • Options
    luke_bibbyluke_bibby Member Posts: 162
    Best of luck mate. Knock this one outta the park!
  • Options
    Failed. Badly. 690

VoIP killed me, as did some wireless details. I was hit with three sims as my first three questions, so I was somewhat thrown off and lost some confidence when I screwed one up.

I thought I was more ready than I was because the practice exams from trainsignal and from the Cisco exam book were much easier than the actual test.

Oh well. I'm going to take the day off from studying then start hitting voip big time. I'll reschedule for 2 - 3 weeks from today.
  • Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I didn't think there would be to much voice on it.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • Options
    chmorin wrote: »
    I didn't think there would be to much voice on it.

Neither did I and without saying anything too specific, voice & wireless were major topics.
  • Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Rearden wrote: »
    Failed. Badly. 690

VoIP killed me, as did some wireless details. I was hit with three sims as my first three questions, so I was somewhat thrown off and lost some confidence when I screwed one up.

I thought I was more ready than I was because the practice exams from trainsignal and from the Cisco exam book were much easier than the actual test.

Oh well. I'm going to take the day off from studying then start hitting voip big time. I'll reschedule for 2 - 3 weeks from today.

Bummer man... just look at it as an expensive practice exam. You now know the areas in which you need to refocus on. Good luck with your retake.

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    CyanicCyanic Member Posts: 289
    That is a let down, but you still have two months and you have seen the beast and know where to focus your efforts. Good luck on you next try.