Options

automatic backups of firewall configs?

Young GrasshopperYoung Grasshopper Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
i wanted to know if there is some kind of tool(which can maybe be installed on a local server) that can be set up to run some kind of script to log into the firewall(ssh maybe?) and automatically tftp the config to a server somewhere on the network? or if any automatic backup of firewall configs exist anywhere?

Comments

• Options
    mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
    CiscoWorks... in particular, CiscoWorks RME (Resource Manager Essentials).
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    We use Cattools, its probably the most cheapest out their. I could be wrong. Anyhow Catools is nice and backs up more than just cisco devices it works with many other vendors.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    DPGDPG Member Posts: 780 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I use a SNMP script that copies my configs to a tftp server and archives them each day.
  • Options
    thanks for the help guys. are any of those free?

dpg how does that script work?
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    One of the packages listed in this thread is free. You'll have to actually open each page or search for it yourself to find out which one.
  • Options
    thanks everyone for your help.
  • Options
    DPGDPG Member Posts: 780 ■■■■■□□□□□

dpg how does that script work?

Here is the documentation:

How To Copy Configurations To and From Cisco Devices Using SNMP [IP Application Services] - Cisco Systems