Options

which books should I buy to study for MCDST

2»

Comments

• Options
    jtoastjtoast Member Posts: 226
    qwism wrote: »
    Where should i go for help with virtualbox? I've dled solaris, cent os and ubuntu...and after i partition the hd, i google "how to install an os on virtualbox" and have been following it, but my laptop crashes horribly... it'll get to a point where when it tries to restart it'll shut down 5-10 seconds into it, and i have to wait it out. and i've done this a few times already. says there's been a change or my computer's power went out and has been shut down improperly. etc etc.

what part of the forums should i post on
    I much prefer VMWare over virtualbox. In addition, VMWare is probably what you will be using out in the real world so you might as well learn it.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    jtoast wrote: »
    I much prefer VMWare over virtualbox. In addition, VMWare is probably what you will be using out in the real world so you might as well learn it.

Yep!! icon_thumright.gif

VirtualBox is a nice alternative but I recommend VMWare for virtualization
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    qwismqwism Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Getting use to vmware makes sense, and i didn't know it was an option. But vmware ace and vmware view are sold as a product in the thousands.... unless i'm missing a free software link on their website outside of a 30/60 day trial. which would deem it useless after that time period no? I'd like a virtualization type software to lab on the different linux os and windows i've downloaded. someone school me on freeware vmware?
  • Options
    qwismqwism Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    am i suppose to jump into vsphere? =T i know nothing. haha i'm horrible.