Options

Icnd2

ToddBToddB Member Posts: 149
I take the ICND1 next monday May-24th, heard the test has changed for ICND2. My ciscopress book is Second edition. "old or not"
:thumbup:

Phil 4:6 "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God."

Comments

• Options
    bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I don't know the answer but I'll give you a good luck. I think I'm drawing close to scheduling my ICND1 too :)
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Cisco Press a couple different books on ICND1 and ICND2 which are at different edition numbers. Which book do you have?
  • Options
    alan2308 wrote: »
    Cisco Press a couple different books on ICND1 and ICND2 which are at different edition numbers. Which book do you have?

Second edition

Phil 4:6 "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God."
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    If you have the 2nd edition of McQuerry's ICND1 book, then you're fine. We always overlook McQuerry's books becuase Odom's books are GREAT!!

If you have the old 2nd edition of the CCNA Certification Library by Odom and have read both books, you should be fine for the ICND1 exam.

If you have a 2nd edition of some other book you're probably hosed.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    ToddB wrote: »
    Second edition

I was asking second edition of what?

Cisco Press has a number of CCNA books. There's Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices, Part 1(ICDN1) and Part 2 (ICND2), there's the CCNA ICND1 Official Exam Certification Guide, the CCNA ICND2 Official Exam Certification Guide, the CCNA Official Exam Certification Library, the CCNA Preperation Library, and others. For some of these books, the second edition is current, and for others its not. For example, the CCNA Prep Library is currently on the 7th edition so the 2nd edition would be quite out of date.
  • Options
    I have the 2nd edition of Odom, I feel I'm covered for the 1st test. but because of work and other stuff had to move to the 28th. Then if pass take a few days off and get started on second test. Will be my 1st cisco exam only taken Nortel cert test's, always aced those, we'll see!!!!!!

• Options
    Looks like you're good book-wise. Each of Odom's current books are 2nd edition, though together as the library its 3rd edition (confusing huh?).

And not to shatter your confidence, but I would say that the Cisco tests are a tad more difficult than the Nortel. I wouldn't go in expecting to ace it. Good luck!
  • Options
    tha_dubtha_dub Member Posts: 262
    " Each of Odom's current books are 2nd edition, though together as the library its 3rd edition (confusing huh?)."

Yes that's what I have. The third edition library box set but books say 2nd edition when you open the box. Are they purposely trying to mess with people?

Maybe someone should try returning them to the store because they, "obviously put the incorrect old 2nd edition books in the 3rd edition box" ;)

Mine are way too beat up now to even try that....