Options

Just passed today!

2»

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    passed
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    notgoing2failnotgoing2fail Member Posts: 1,138
    you know from my CCNA studies and CCNA:S studies i do feel sometimes that a combination of CBT and Train Signal is enough to get through CCNA:S without ever referring to any book ,i.e if you see those videos 2-3 times and with some practise as well.

They really are the two best 1-2 combos I think. I've tried preplogic back in the days but that's just audio so only good for commuting really. I do find that the book is more tertiary and used for lookup purposes since the videos don't cover as much detail. I had to watch the videos many many times over, it took awhile for some of the concepts to stick in my head....

I had the most difficulty with IPS....

Selfmade wrote: »
    in Arkansas, it's 9:40 here

CertSkills, LLC > Home

that's Wendell's site, he has some nice basic stuff on there, he just opened the site, but he has some useful info there, he's putting more and more up everyday.

this right here is what you really want

CCNP Build Lists

Nice site. I like how he responds to user comments in Networkworld.com, it seems like I'm ok with what I have switch wise for the CCNP. With two 3550's I can do all the SVI/HSSRP/VRRP I'll need. And I can use my other 2950 and 2960 to make it 4 switches.

I'll bookmark the site and see if it ends up being a place I go to on a daily basis...we'll see how often he keeps it updated....

mikej412 wrote: »
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

Thanks, I'm going to try to collect them all!!! icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrate well done on the pass,

Deffently get in to the CCNP stuff it's great fun, Pleople say the switch stuff is boring but I am loving it. Maybe bacasue I focus more on the Switch side at work, But got most of the way through the CBT nuggets BSCI now and thats not looking to bad. ( I going to be taking SWITCH and ROUTE )

Lots of stuff to learn but its all made sence so far. CAn't wait to start dreaming up some big labs to play with.

CCNP is definitely something you should do. CCDA seems boring (to me), and I don't really see the point of it, it seems like Cisco is hawking it's own wares in "best practice design models" from what I've been reading on here.

I only want my CCDA so I can take my CCDP, only one exam ontop the of CCNP and although I know it will be hevely slewed towards CISCO, I am hopng it will open my eyes to how otehr people do stuff. At the moment every thing I do is how I have figured it out right or wrong. So i think after my CCNP before I move on I will get this.

followed by what ever would benifit where I am working most at the time.

And once again well done, keep up the no fail rate :)
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    TrainSignalEricTrainSignalEric Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    DevilWAH wrote: »
    Congrate well done on the pass,

Deffently get in to the CCNP stuff it's great fun, Pleople say the switch stuff is boring but I am loving it. Maybe bacasue I focus more on the Switch side at work, But got most of the way through the CBT nuggets BSCI now and thats not looking to bad. ( I going to be taking SWITCH and ROUTE )

Lots of stuff to learn but its all made sence so far. CAn't wait to start dreaming up some big labs to play with.

I only want my CCDA so I can take my CCDP, only one exam ontop the of CCNP and although I know it will be hevely slewed towards CISCO, I am hopng it will open my eyes to how otehr people do stuff. At the moment every thing I do is how I have figured it out right or wrong. So i think after my CCNP before I move on I will get this.

followed by what ever would benifit where I am working most at the time.

And once again well done, keep up the no fail rate :)

Thanks, it does look like I will be leaning a bit torwards the CCNP route. I still have some routers to purchase and I'm going to make sure they are useful for the CCNA Voice so I can hit 2 birds with one stone.

So if I really want to save money in the long run, I better do some research now and get equipment that covers as many exams as possible....

I was thinking about the CCDA too, I think at this point, it just may be time to dive into the "professional" exams.....

I don't even know anyone right now that has passed the new tracks, so it would be kinda cool to be able to take the new exams and let you guys know how it goes.....

Congrats!

Thanks for making some great videos. But you have to tell Chris to lighten up the mood a little.... :D
  • Options
    thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Nice man congrads. This is my next route after this Sat. Any suggestions on the study material?
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • Options
    thenjduke wrote: »
    Nice man congrads. This is my next route after this Sat. Any suggestions on the study material?

Just what I mentioned earlier.

CBT Nuggets
    Trainsignal
    And Catherine Paquet's CCNA Security book

And lots and lots of SDM time....half the time, trying to get it to work, the other learning... icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□

CBT Nuggets
    Trainsignal

And lots and lots of SDM time....half the time, trying to get it to work, the other learning... icon_rolleyes.gif

I just started studying... actually I take that back. I'm almost finished studying for my CCNA Voice exam IIUC, and I did CBT Nuggets instead of my usual train-signal. I enjoyed Jeremy much more than I did Chris, and I feel like I retained much more of what was presented to me.

Whats your experience between the two? Do you have a preference?
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • Options
    SelfmadeSelfmade Member Posts: 268

CBT Nuggets
    Trainsignal

ugh, that last sentence in your post has me wanting to commit seppuku icon_sad.gif
    It's not important to add reptutation points to others, but to be nice and spread good karma everywhere you go.
  • Options
    chmorin wrote: »
    I just started studying... actually I take that back. I'm almost finished studying for my CCNA Voice exam IIUC, and I did CBT Nuggets instead of my usual train-signal. I enjoyed Jeremy much more than I did Chris, and I feel like I retained much more of what was presented to me.

Whats your experience between the two? Do you have a preference?

Good question. Here's the lowdown....at least between Jeremy and Chris.

Jeremy is very entertaining, and seems to have more energy. He likes to use outside examples to bring the viewer in. He'll talk about movies or whatever it takes to get his point across. His weakness is that he does leave things out, and isn't as thorough. Don't get me wrong though, he touches a lot of points and is very good, just be a little careful because he makes it so entertaining, he almost lulls you into thinking, "Heck, I can pass this test! Just using CBT!"

Now with Chris, he's a lot more dry. He has an accent, I think southern? It doesn't bother me at all but he sounds more like a school teacher. He's slightly better than Wendell Odom's videos. Wendell will knock you out real fast and put you into hybernation.

Chris has errors in his videos and he doesn't admit it. Most are just typographcial errors but he'll read them and not acknowledge them, this is what I mean by him being "dry" as well as his tone throughout his videos...

Jeremy will see his errors and make a big deal about it and let you know. There's more of a 2-way communicate feel with Jeremy's videos...

But back to Chris, he is more thorough, and like Jeremy, will go off on little tangents to talk about something that may NOT be on the test, but wants you to know it anyways for FYI purposes.

I've been using both of them side by side, now that I'm hitting the CCNP, neither of them, to my knowledge have done videos for the new track. In fact I don't think there are any materials out there other than the Cisco Press books for the new CCNP track.

So the best I can do is read the SWITCH book, and next month read the foundation book for SWITCH, and hope that CBT or Trainsignal can have updated videos by then....

ugh, that last sentence in your post has me wanting to commit seppuku icon_sad.gif

What is seppuku? LOL.....whatever it is, I know it's not good....
  • Options
    geezergeezer Member Posts: 136
    Congrats! :)

All the sleepless nights paid off.

I see you had problems with IPS. I am trying to copy sigs to a GNS3 router (3725) but getting error 3 messages in my TFTP32 server... Maybe time for a new thread methinks...

Anyway, good luck on the next cert!
    I used to be undecided but now I'm not so sure.

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't!