Roll Back / Lower the Domain Functional Level

Summary: 6 item(s). 5 succeeded, 1 failed.
Elapsed time: 00:00:55

Organization Prerequisites
Failed
Error:
The forest functional level of the current Active Directory forest is not Windows Server 2003 native or later. To install Exchange Server 2010, the forest functional level must be at least Windows Server 2003 native.
Warning:
Setup is going to prepare the organization for Exchange 2010 by using 'Setup /PrepareAD'. No Exchange 2007 server roles have been detected in this topology. After this operation, you will not be able to install any Exchange 2007 server roles.

Elapsed Time: 00:00:28

Languages Prerequisites
Completed
Elapsed Time: 00:00:04

Hub Transport Role Prerequisites
Completed
Elapsed Time: 00:00:06

Client Access Role Prerequisites
Completed
Elapsed Time: 00:00:05

Unified Messaging Role Prerequisites
Completed

Mailbox Role Prerequisites
Completed

I really need some assistance to rolling it back from Window Server 2008 R2 to Window Server 2008
Bachelors of Science in Technical Management - Devry University
Masters of Information Systems Management with Enterprise Information Security - Walden University
Masters of Science in Information Assurance - Western Governors University
Masters of Science Cyber Security/Digital Forensics - University of South Florida

Comments

• DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I didn't know that you could...
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Thought I'd bump this post up, I want to see if anyone knows how myself
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    TBRAYS wrote: »
    I really need some assistance to rolling it back from Window Server 2008 R2 to Window Server 2008
    Why do you think this is necessary? The error message you show would lead me to believe otherwise.

As for how to do it, dynamik linked to the procedure, but you are looking at doing a full on restore from backup and rebuilding your entire ADDS structure forest-wide - unless this is a home lab or you have a couple dozen machines - it's almost never worth it - it's to be used after catastrophic problems/corruption/etc.
  • TBRAYSTBRAYS Member Posts: 267
    I resolved the issue by entering a certain command in the powershell, you can only lower it from R2 to 2008.
    Bachelors of Science in Technical Management - Devry University
    Masters of Information Systems Management with Enterprise Information Security - Walden University
    Masters of Science in Information Assurance - Western Governors University
    Masters of Science Cyber Security/Digital Forensics - University of South Florida
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Out of curiosity, did it resolve the issue?
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I didn't know there was any way to lower the functional level
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    From what is sounds like, we aren't dropping a functional level, we are dropping from R2 to "R1" but I didn't know you could do that either.
    Decide what to be and go be it.