What this Debug output is trying to say?

2»

Comments

• alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Welcome to SDM hell, whether it's demo, simulated or real, there's only one thing that's guaranteed, you'll be pulling out your hair...

Wait till you play with it on a real device, it's not any easier....

Would it upset you if I got it running on the first try (the demo, but still). In a VM no less. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • notgoing2failnotgoing2fail Member Posts: 1,138
    thehourman wrote: »
    Now, I am getting really mad with this application.
    If there will be a lot of question about SDM in the exam, then I will be damned.
    I don't know what else I need to do to make it to work as a demo. I have tried to use Chrome, Firefox and IE, but none of them work.

Why do you think I go on an SDM rant so much? Check out the CCNA security, there are threads in there where I get mad....

It's a very clunky application. Once I turned on IPS on my router, the SDM asks me to login 3 times. It's not smart enough to keep my session info from the FIRST login screen....

Unfortunately you WILL have to learn SDM, no way around it.

I've never tried the demo, but apparently they can't even get that right either....
  • notgoing2failnotgoing2fail Member Posts: 1,138
    alan2308 wrote: »
    Would it upset you if I got it running on the first try (the demo, but still). In a VM no less. icon_mrgreen.gif

Oh no, not at all. There are people who just luck out (like you) and it just works.

I had to resort to using WinXP, and finding just the right IE version and java version just to get it to work.

The "refresh" doesn't always seem to work. And I have a thread on how SDM shows my VPN tunnel as being down, when I've provided clear evidence the tunnel is up....

Under Windows7, the buttons on top disappear completely when I hover over it with my mouse....

SDM is POS.....
  • thehourmanthehourman Member Posts: 723
    I guess I have to raise the white flag for today. This SDM ticks me off.
    I am going to the theater and see Iron Man 2.
    Studying:
    Working on CCNA: Security. Start date: 12.28.10
    Microsoft 70-640 - on hold (This is not taking me anywhere. I started this in October, and it is December now, I am still on page 221. WTH!)
    Reading:
    Network Warrior - Currently at Part II
    Reading IPv6 Essentials 2nd Edition - on hold
  • bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I did some testing with sdm & java last night. The most recent version of java I could find that worked was 6u6. 6u15 (the oldest version that will work with current versions of firefox) didn't work, so I'm having to use IE as my default browser now icon_sad.gif
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    FWIW, i'm running SDM 2.5, Java 6u20, and Firefox 3.6.3 on Windows 2000 Server inside a VM.

There's no reason why this should work. icon_mrgreen.gif