Options

70-680 Question

oberatixxoberatixx Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
How long do we have for the exam?

Comments

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Welcome to TE
    I've heard the usual alloted time is 2-1/2 hours but it may vary depending on the number of questions which can also vary on this test.
    Windows 7 70-680
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Microsoft likes to not tell you how long the test is, rather they tell you the maximum amount of time it could be including surveys, and question reviews, ect. That time is usually 3-4 hours. This test in particular says 3:15
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    Thanks for the answers guys. Man, that actually makes me really nervous, since the time limit is so long. I read through the Sybex book so I hope I'm ready for this next Thursday.
  • Options
    Good luck on the exam. Hopefully you used more than just the Sybex book, maybe a practice test to gage how well you know the material. It'll be nice to hear if that one book is sufficient. Keep us posted on how you do.
    As for the lenght of time, MS always gives sufficient time and usually extra. My 83-640 test was allotted 4 hours and the actual test took 2-1/2 but just because I took a long time on the simulator part. You'll have plenty of time to review your answers but it's best to stay with your original answer unless you're sure of the answer you're gonna change to.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I took the XP test a week or 2 ago which says 3 hours. I think the testing took me an hour and a half or so. I did the practice test (stupid questions to give you an idea on how to answer different types of questions), the survey, and even left reviews on 2 or 3 questions. Including all of that, I think the test still only took about 2 hours.

I just scheduled the 70-290, this one says it could take 4 hours...

When they give you that time, they assume it is going to take you the full 15 minutes to answer the 10 practice questions, and that it is going to take you 15 minutes to leave feedback. I'm not sure if the time is supposed to include check in times, but I would guess it includes that too.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    I've only done one of those surveys or comments and I just joking put "you could make this test easier"..lol
  • Options
    BDMBDM Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    oberatixx wrote: »
    How long do we have for the exam?

Good luck! Would you mind letting me know how you did after the test? I'm taking my exam Friday morning. I studied the Sybex book cover to cover as well as using a Transcender.

This is my first MS exam after taking the Net+ and A+. Pretty nervous!!! I was just looking through the MS Training Kit and some of the review questions aren't even covered in the Sybex book...
  • Options
    BDM wrote: »
    Good luck! Would you mind letting me know how you did after the test? I'm taking my exam Friday morning. I studied the Sybex book cover to cover as well as using a Transcender.

This is my first MS exam after taking the Net+ and A+. Pretty nervous!!! I was just looking through the MS Training Kit and some of the review questions aren't even covered in the Sybex book...

The only thing that makes me nervous about the Sybex book is chapter 2, where it covers automating Win 7 installation. It seemed very disorganized to me, so I'm very iffy on that section. Are there any resources you recommend when it comes to automating Win 7?
  • Options
    On various practice tests I've seen a lot of questions on DISM, winPE, OVMST, MDT. It would seem that sybex has skipped over a ton of deployment concepts. That is what truly bothers me about my chances.

I've tried to pick up on these concepts with practice tests and my own research, but I don't like my chances. I have seen questions on intricate command lines that even Bill Gates would not be able to memorize.
  • Options
    Did you get second shot vouchers?
  • Options
    earweed wrote: »
    Did you get second shot vouchers?

Yes, transcender gave me one as part of a package deal with the practice exams. icon_thumright.gif

I'm not too worried about the money because of the second shot, just will be discouraging to fail, and to know that I have to keep studying this same test still.
  • Options
    I'm mainly curious if the Sybex covers the material well enough for the exam.
    Oh yeah, didn't notice, Welcome to TE!
    Wish you the best of luck on the exam. The way I look at it, if you try your best then your ok in my book no matter the outcome. I've failed a MS exam before, probably will again, but I'll do it honestly and learn from it. If the book proves insufficient then look at this as a practice test.