Boson Exam error

MachX85MachX85 Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
I think I found an error in a bosson exam prep question.

The scenario involves picking a subnet mask for different LAN segments.
the PC and default gateway should obviously be in the same subnet.

Two answers I checked and two I didn't, that was correct. But I checked a third that penciled out to be correct but was marked wrong.

The segment showed a router with an IP of 192.168.3.141 and a PC with 192.168.3.142.
With a /28 that's 16 bit increments till we get to the 128 subnet. With a valid IP range from 129 - 142. 143 being the broadcast.

Why this would be marked as incorrect is beyond me, am I missing something?

Comments

• Geetar28Geetar28 Member Posts: 101
    I know the question your talking about. I believe that at some point they changed the default gateway to x.x.x.141. Because I saw a version of this question not long ago with a x.x.x.41 ip which would be wrong. Your not crazy...the question is wrong.
  • MachX85MachX85 Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • MachX85MachX85 Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just for the heck of it, here is an email from Boson support I just got, affirming that the exam had an error and what Geetar28 said about .41. nice to know they actually respond.

Hello,
    Wendell Odom here, author of the ICND1 Exam Cert Guide from Cisco Press. Sorry about the issue with question CD-I1-3-55-002-1. The figure was recently updated incorrectly, introducing the error. I've changed it so that R3's IP address now ends in 41, making it be in a different subnet compared to PC3, whose address ends in .141. Thanks for the note so we could get it fixed, and my apologies for the mistake.
    Regards,
    Wendell Odom
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Cool, Odom sent you an email.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • StupporedStuppored Member Posts: 152 ■■■□□□□□□□
    MachX85 wrote: »
    Just for the heck of it, here is an email from Boson support I just got, affirming that the exam had an error and what Geetar28 said about .41. nice to know they actually respond.

Hello,
    Wendell Odom here, author of the ICND1 Exam Cert Guide from Cisco Press. Sorry about the issue with question CD-I1-3-55-002-1. The figure was recently updated incorrectly, introducing the error. I've changed it so that R3's IP address now ends in 41, making it be in a different subnet compared to PC3, whose address ends in .141. Thanks for the note so we could get it fixed, and my apologies for the mistake.
    Regards,
    Wendell Odom

That's sic yo!
  • thehourmanthehourman Member Posts: 723
    Does he works in Boson too?
    Studying:
    Working on CCNA: Security. Start date: 12.28.10
    Microsoft 70-640 - on hold (This is not taking me anywhere. I started this in October, and it is December now, I am still on page 221. WTH!)
    Reading:
    Network Warrior - Currently at Part II
    Reading IPv6 Essentials 2nd Edition - on hold