Going for it....

2»

Comments

• alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Geetar28 wrote: »
    Unfortunately I'm in a job that I don't get any hands on with Cisco and don't have any peers locally to bounce ideas off of, which sucks, but in KY there's not a whole lot of opportunity out in the sticks...But I can definitely lab alot of stuff up at work...

A lot of us are in that same boat. Thats why this forum is so great.
  • SelfmadeSelfmade Member Posts: 268
    Geetar28 wrote: »
    The stuff you listed was pretty straight forward...I knew all of it, but sometimes I guess you get yourself so worked up over trying to pass that you don't focus your study time on the fundamentals. You kind of beat yourself up over the obscure things that easily get forgotten which is kinda what I did and then tried to cram all of that in...

To be honest I didn't really "study" all that much between the two week period. Actually this last weekend (Memorial Day...) I promised myself that I wasn't going to go ape **** with the studies and barely looked at a Cisco book (unless it was being used as a beer coaster..)..I went through a dozen or so labs in the 2 weeks, did a couple of quizzes (which quite frankly by that time I had memorized the answers to right and wrong ones...not on purpose)...

I guess I really just focused on not trying to freak out over the dang test, and that did more good than anything...It was kind of nice cause while taking the test, I was saying to myself "hell yeah, I know this!!"....the first time everything was a blur, I don't think I could recall even one question..I was just too damn tired.

Lesson learned (hopefully I'll remember it...ha ha) cause I plan to eventually go on to the CCNP after I finish the Wireshark book I started today. I think that I'm definitely gonna take more time for the CCNP, I want to really understand it then go in and beat the ever lovin' **** out of those exams..Maybe read the books more than twice.. Unfortunately I'm in a job that I don't get any hands on with Cisco and don't have any peers locally to bounce ideas off of, which sucks, but in KY there's not a whole lot of opportunity out in the sticks...But I can definitely lab alot of stuff up at work...and when people come into my cube they are too scared to ask what the hell I'm up too icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif If they did, I'd just scare them with talk of Inter-Vlan routing, Routing Protocols and BECN and FECN (watch yo' mouf..)

How 'bout THAT for an epic post..ha ha ha

It's true, if you understand the fundamentals, you can then reason and use logic to figure out the obscure stuff, that's what's so great about networking.

Sure it's a little bit difficult to grasp some of the concepts at first, but once you understand the concepts, anything else they add on, seems to just snap right into place if you really understand the fundamental concepts throughly enough.

Glad you took it easy and had the attitude of "Either you know it or you don't!"
    It's not important to add reptutation points to others, but to be nice and spread good karma everywhere you go.