Options

Nm-cids?

hhasundhhasund Member Posts: 32 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi,

I am currently studying for 642-533 IPS, and I am considering buying a NM-CIDS for my 2611XM Router. It seems that my router is compatible, but I am wondering if it is worth the 400+ dollar price tag for such a device. After all, it is only IDS, and it is seems that it is gone from the exam blueprint.
However, it will (I think) give me a device where I can use IDM, and that is sorely missed in my current lab.

What do you think? Have anyone tried the NM CIDS?

Any feedback will be appreciated... :)

Comments

• Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I wouldn't advise it. If you don't have access to a current device then using a rack rental service is a much better choice imho.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • Options
    hhasundhhasund Member Posts: 32 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yeah, that was my opinion as well. I just thought of this as a cheap (well, sort of..) way to get an IDS running in my home lab, with all the logging, signature editing, IDM and that stuff. Seemed lik a fun thing to have at home, allthough it is an old device.

Do you know of a good rack rental place where I can do basic IPS stuff, at CCSP level?