Options

d

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior MemberPosts: 0 ■■■■□□□□□□
edited January 2019 in Server 70-290
d

Comments

• Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on the pass. I just scheduled my test for June 5th. Its going to be a 300 mile drive that starts the moment I get off work and ends at midnight in a hotel just to get to the test center, but it is the only place around that is offering a saturday exam.

I'm using the self paced training kit listed above, along with the ms press book, cbt nuggets, and transcender.

If I don't pass that is going to be one heck of a drive of shame.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the new cert!

@Devilsbane I thought my 1-1/2 hour drive was bad. 300 miles. But then again I can't even find a Saturday testing site in my state..lol
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    earweed wrote: »
    I can't even find a Saturday testing site in my state..lol

I couldn't either, hence the 300 mile hike.
  • Options
    Samurai004Samurai004 Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!icon_cheers.gif I am hoping to follow in your footsteps in the next month. So what's next for you???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

291, I'm waiting for my books to arrive for it. I am thinking about buying the CBT's for this one considering how hard I've heard it is.

I bought 270,290, and 291 books all at the same time and also bought the cbt nugget pack for all 3 as well. I believe it is $200 for the single, or $400 for all 3.
  • Options
    bperiodbperiod Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    My backround seems pretty similiar to yours. I just broke out the 70-290 Sybex Study guide. Have the cbt's as well. Question...is your Security+ new? I have it, however it's going on 2yr old this June. Is it still good to use as an elective for my MCSA?
  • Options
    bperiod wrote: »
    Congrats!
    My backround seems pretty similiar to yours. I just broke out the 70-290 Sybex Study guide. Have the cbt's as well. Question...is your Security+ new? I have it, however it's going on 2yr old this June. Is it still good to use as an elective for my MCSA?

Since CompTIA certs don't expire, and Microsoft didn't make a distinction about which years they would take, you should be good.

Send your transcript to micrsoft and get it added to your ms transcript now.