Path to CCNP

killuah72killuah72 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
Will this path work:
BSCI + SWITCH + TSHOOT = CCNP

I'm gonna take the BSCI tomorrow and if this path works then I will just do the new SWITCH exam instead of rushing the BCMSN since I don't have all the equipment yet.

Comments

• ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
  • billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    Definitely should work fine with that path. You really don't need any special equipment for BCMSN. I did all of mine in GNS3 and dynamips. I never touched any real equipment when preparing for this exam to be honest. But, it would allow you to not have to rush. You could always use GNS3 and try the BCMSN, if you "wouldn't" pass, which if you pass the BSCI, I'm sure you will pass the BCMSN. I thought the BCMSN was a lot easier than BSCI, you should be fine. BCMSN is hard do not get me wrong. But, I thought it was way easier than BSCI and I even enjoyed learning the BSCI material more than BCMSN.
  • killuah72killuah72 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What study materials did you use for BCMSN? I might for for it then and just wing it. I passed the BSCI by the way. Took me like 2 years studying on and off and I finally took the test.
  • billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    I used the Cisco BCMSN Exam Certification Guide. I also used the Lab Portfolio. Those are what I used to prepare. I studied mine for about two months took the exam back in December 09' and passed first try.