Options

CD/DVD Drivers for Windows 7

dummy123dummy123 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone!

I'm trying to install windows 7 enterprise on a PC but getting this error message at the setup screen:
"A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a driver floppy disk, CD, DVD, or USB flash drive, please insert it now."
I've done a lot of googling to find the driver for TSSTCORP dvd-rom ts-h353c to no avail.
We have windows 7 pro and it worked like a charm but my boss would like me to install enterprise instead. Would you be able to help me out on locating the driver? An option that I see is copying over the driver files from the windows 7 pro disc but I don't know the exact directory.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Just curious, how did you install the OS the first time?

How are you going about the install? Are you booting from the DVD?

Is the Optical drive set to boot 1st in the boot order?
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    I'm installing it from a cd as we are just on testing phase for windows 7. I'm able to get to the initial setup screen (language/location selection). But after that it will detect the drivers and will post the message above. The bios is set to boot from cd first as I'm able to get to the setup.

Apologies if I didn't put that much information. Thanks for your help!
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    This site will give a driver scan TSSTCorp - Software Driver Download and will hopefully help. You may need to contact their customer support about info on a compatible driver if this doesn't work. Did windows 7 pro work with the same computer/cd drive?
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    earweed wrote: »
    This site will give a driver scan TSSTCorp - Software Driver Download and will hopefully help. You may need to contact their customer support about info on a compatible driver if this doesn't work. Did windows 7 pro work with the same computer/cd drive?

I'll try that link once I get a free time. It's crazy here at work right now. Yes, the windows 7 pro worked fine on the exact same pc/cd drive that's why I'm thinking if I could just grab the files from the pro cd. I don't know where it's located though.
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    earweed wrote: »
    You're linking to one of those generic driver link sites. The links it provides are actually firmware updates for the drive itself and aren't needed by the OS.

Generally any consumer level hardware supported by Windows is supported in all editions of it. Enterprise is a superset of Pro as well so you're not missing anything. You shouldn't need drivers for an ordinary optical drive either. I'd try another installation disc since something weird is going on and it isn't actually anything to do with a "driver" for the DVD drive.
  • Options
    tiersten wrote: »
    You're linking to one of those generic driver link sites. The links it provides are actually firmware updates for the drive itself and aren't needed by the OS.

Generally any consumer level hardware supported by Windows is supported in all editions of it. Enterprise is a superset of Pro as well so you're not missing anything. You shouldn't need drivers for an ordinary optical drive either. I'd try another installation disc since something weird is going on and it isn't actually anything to do with a "driver" for the DVD drive.

You're right. It's weird that our windows 7 ent is asking for cd/dvd drivers.

I've tried changing the cd/dvd drive and it did the same thing. I'm currently burning a new copy from the same windows 7 enterprise iso that we have.
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Did you do the install of Windows 7 Pro? Was it the OEM install CD or an original Microsoft CD?

Just wondering as it might actually be complaining about the inability to access the optical drive because the SATA/PATA controller you've got isn't compatible with any of the built in Microsoft drivers and the Win 7 Pro install had slipstreamed or optional drivers loaded during installation.
  • Options
    tiersten wrote: »
    Did you do the install of Windows 7 Pro? Was it the OEM install CD or an original Microsoft CD?

Just wondering as it might actually be complaining about the inability to access the optical drive because the SATA/PATA controller you've got isn't compatible with any of the built in Microsoft drivers and the Win 7 Pro install had slipstreamed or optional drivers loaded during installation.

I did the install of Windows 7 Pro using a cd that I've created from an ISO that my manager downloaded from Microsoft's website (as far as I know, all our ISOs were downloaded from MS). I can say that the Windows 7 ISOs that we have are raw.

So far, I have:
    Machine A and B (different models even the cd/dvd drive)
    CD 1 (Win7 Professional from ISO)
    CD 2 and 3 (Win7 Enterprise both from the same ISO)

I've used CD1 (Pro) and had no problems installing it on Machine A and B.
    CD2 and 3 (Ent) gives me the exact same message when installing it on either Machine A and B: "A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a driver floppy disk, CD, DVD, or USB flash drive, please insert it now."

I've also tried this:
    1. Run setup using ent cd
    2. Replace ent cd with pro when prompted for drivers
    3. When I get to the partitioning part and place the ent cd back, it gives me "Error: 0x80300001".

Now I'm thinking if there's a problem with the Enterprise ISO that we have because that's the only common denominator.