VMWare workstation Team not cooperating

earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
I have a team set up. They were working fine until I try to get internet connectivity. Do teams work differently than individual VM's?
I had to bridge the VM's in the team to get them to communicate with each other. When I was working with individual VM's I just bridged and voila internet connectivity.
What am I missing here.
My host is Vista Ulitimate, My team is 2 2kk servers
I've checked everything I know how to check
No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.

Comments

• astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Look at the network settings for one of the VMs in the team, is it set to NAT, Bridged Host-only or "Team #n LAN x"? If it's the last (which is normal for a team - and one of the biggest features of them) then it is an isolated network segment and you would have to route/NAT between them. Also team LAN segments don't have DHCP enabled.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Thanks for the help Astors. I tried pretty much everything up to the point of recreating this same VM and that seems to be the problem, these are both clones. I don't know why it's causing a problem but the clones are just not working right. I just created a new team from scratch, the whole install, and it's working as it should.
    I had even recloned the team and they wouldn't work, the clones were just servers with nothing done to them yet to save time of doing an install. I even tried to clone off one of my new installs and it didn't work right, must be a problem with my VMWare workstation.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I didn't even set up a team in my lab. I considered it, but decided it works just fine the way it is so don't mess with it.
    See Troubleshooting Flowchart [rec.humor.funny]
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Like the flow chart. My teams working fine now. I've used them before and just liked being able to do it and how they network together. The problem seems to be with cloning so I'm just gonna stay away from cloning anything. Gives me more practice doing all the mundane things with setting up everything anyway..
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Have you tried a sysprep before cloning them? I used to do some disk imaging and never botherd sysprepping and never had a problem. But I have heard of issues that can result from this.

I have also heard of some network problems that can result from cloning (even if you used sysprep). The solution to that is to uninstall the network driver and reinstall it. I'm not sure exactly what it fixes, but it does work.
    Decide what to be and go be it.